Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Questions
50 Questions
Why do they call it Alcoholics Anonymous if everyone knows you're going?

Why do straight guys think (femme) girl on girl is hot but I'm weird for liking yaoi?

How come everytime someone likes something off the beaten that's somehow "hipster"?

Why does Hersey's chocolate have that chalky taste?
RE: 50 Questions
(February 18, 2014 at 9:54 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Why do they call it Alcoholics Anonymous if everyone knows you're going?

Why do straight guys think (femme) girl on girl is hot but I'm weird for liking yaoi?

How come everytime someone likes something off the beaten that's somehow "hipster"?

Why does Hersey's chocolate have that chalky taste?

1. Not sure, but I would refer you to Stephen Pinkers excellent talk about language conventions, let's see if I find it. He explains how using euphemisms is a tool to avoid socially awkward moments by exploiting plausible deniability. Open secret might have similar advantages.

2. The patriarchy

3. Meh, I was hipster before it was cool!

3. Because in their quest to make more money, they resorted to using cheaper and cheaper materials, hoping that the American consumers would not notice. It really does taste like chalk.
Yaoi?

New to me - anyone?

Also:

Why does cargo go by boat but Lorries carry shipments?
And, why did the Christian cross the road?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
1. Uhhh, good question. I don't know. I've been to a few as support and you don't have to let anyone know you are going or who you are unless you want too. It you are court ordered to attend you have to go and you must get a sponsors signature at every meeting ....aaaaaand that's your problem.

2. I don't know what Yaoi is so I googled it. I don't mind it; however, women are simply more attractive than men (I'm a straight woman).

3. Hipster to me is a person in their early to mid 20's who fashionably dresses like a hobo or wears stupid square glasses and tiny pants. I don't even know what a hipster is, I'm older, I don't really pay attention to kids and their fashion anymore.

4. Speaking of... excuse me while I grab some chocolate from the fridge.
(February 18, 2014 at 10:20 am)No_God Wrote: 1. Uhhh, good question. I don't know. I've been to a few as support and you don't have to let anyone know you are going or who you are unless you want too. It you are court ordered to attend you have to go and you must get a sponsors signature at every meeting ....aaaaaand that's your problem.

2. I don't know what Yaoi is so I googled it. I don't mind it; however, women are simply more attractive than men (I'm a straight woman).

3. Hipster to me is a person in their early to mid 20's who fashionably dresses like a hobo or wears stupid square glasses and tiny pants. I don't even know what a hipster is, I'm older, I don't really pay attention to kids and their fashion anymore.

4. Speaking of... excuse me while I grab some chocolate from the fridge.

1. Not an alcoholic (not being able to drink let me a nightmare, wouldn't want to live in that world)

5. What's the point of owning fish they don't do anything?

6. Are people being ironic when they say money doesn't grow on trees?

7. How could you can't eat just one Potatochip?
What's the point of owning a cat, they don't do anything.
(February 18, 2014 at 11:02 am)Shaggy Wrote: What's the point of owning a cat, they don't do anything.

Cats own YOU! you don't own them, besides they're very affectionate and smart.
8. Why is there a Mars bar, but no other Planet bars? Why is there a Milkyway bar, but no Andromeda?
(February 18, 2014 at 11:37 am)Alex K Wrote: 8. Why is there a Mars bar, but no other Planet bars? Why is there a Milkyway bar, but no Andromeda?

[Image: 6229225746_bc4602646d.jpg]

Sir, your argument is invalid.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 18, 2014 at 10:20 am)No_God Wrote: 3. Hipster to me is a person in their early to mid 20's who fashionably dresses like a hobo or wears stupid square glasses and tiny pants. I don't even know what a hipster is, I'm older, I don't really pay attention to kids and their fashion anymore.

ROFLOL

To me, a hipster is a guy who wears plaid shirts, tight pants, has a beard and wears plastic-rimmed glasses, or is a girl who styles herself in a retro manner (40s/50s style makeup and retro-inspired cloths), has heavy bangs, wears headbands, and thick-rimmed plastic glasses.

And rides a bike to work.

And shops at farmer's markets.

And owns a craft shop or works in locally owned coffee shop.

Or just drinks a lot of coffee.

From a reusable cup.

Maybe this is just a description of a Portland hipster, though...

(February 18, 2014 at 11:02 am)Shaggy Wrote: What's the point of owning a cat, they don't do anything.

My cats do plenty:
  • They eat.
  • They play with toys.
  • They throw up on the carpet.
  • They knock my alarm clock off my nighstand.
  • They lay on my book when I'm trying to read.

See? They do stuff.

(February 18, 2014 at 11:37 am)Alex K Wrote: 8. Why is there a Mars bar, but no other Planet bars?

Probably has to to with alliteration: A Jupiter Bar doesn't have the same ring.

And I don't think a Uranus Bar sounds very appetizing...

Quote:Why is there a Milkyway bar, but no Andromeda?

Because we're self-centered galaxyists.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions, Questions, Questions Rayaan 14 6319 April 30, 2013 at 8:43 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko