Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions list
Questions list
One sentence answers please:

1) How far will the trade war between the US and the China escalate?

2) What is the solution most likely to succeed in solving America's gun problem?

3) How can we achieve sustainable economic growth without first depleting the Earth's finite resources?

4) What is the pound going to do against the euro this month?

5) What is the next Microsoft / Google / Apple / Bitcoin to invest in?

6) How do we clean the seas of plastic pollution?

7) Will religion ever die out?

8) Why is something funny?

9) How does consciousness arise from the brain?

10) Can I sink a rowing boat by inflating a condom with compressed air many metres below it?

11) Waffles or pancakes?
RE: Questions list
The only useful question everybody should ask: "Are you grateful enough to the Lord(pees be upon him) for the gift of life and invitation to Heaven?".
1) No idea.

2) No idea unfortunately... looks too far gone to be easily solvable with legislation.

3) I don't know, but procrastination is not the key.

4) No idea.

5) No idea.

6) No idea.

7) Only if we evolved into Vulcans... so probably no.

8) Release of tension, relative to expectations, or something like that.

9) No idea, unfortunately.

10) If it's not working, maybe you need to find a new hobby Wink

11) Waffles every time.
One sentence answers please: I will respond to each question with one sentence, and one only.

1) How far will the trade war between the US and the China escalate? I do not know, as I have not been following.

2) What is the solution most likely to succeed in solving America's gun problem? Undoing teh Americans with Disabilities Act might help.

3) How can we achieve sustainable economic growth without first depleting the Earth's finite resources? We haven't depleted them yet, and yet we re doing more or less OK.

4) What is the pound going to do against the euro this month? It'll beat it in the next UFC PPV

5) What is the next Microsoft / Google / Apple / Bitcoin to invest in? Might it be Spotify?

6) How do we clean the seas of plastic pollution? I don't know but I don't think a Swiffer would work.

7) Will religion ever die out? It will not.

8) Why is something funny? gimme a bit, as I'm digesting the "humour" wiki (which, funny enough, has the British spelling [not that there's anything wrong with that]).

9) How does consciousness arise from the brain? Consciousness is lighter than the brain?

10) Can I sink a rowing boat by inflating a condom with compressed air many metres below it? Maybs, but why would you when you could just break dance to Nicki Minaj all morning?

11) Waffles or pancakes? I like waffles in general, but have been itching to have chocolate chip pancakes with a cranberry mimosa from Snooze, except that their hours are really weird, so waffles it is (of the Eggo persuasion, and maybe with fried chicken).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
1. Not a lot - tariff threats are little more than negotiating tactics. 

2.  The children/grandchildren of several legislators being killed in school shootings. 

3.  Get rid of the idea of growth for growth's sake and accept a lower standard of living. 

4. Not enough. 

5. I haven't the foggiest. 

6. Engineer a microbe that eats plastic and nothing else. 

7. Not until people eliminate the fear of death, no. 

8.  Pain. 

9. As an inescapable consequence  of complexity. 

10. Only if you use one of my 'Mandingo' model condoms. 

11. Pancakes, duh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
1) How far will the trade war between the US and the China escalate?
As far as it needs to.

2) What is the solution most likely to succeed in solving America's gun problem?
Rational thought.

3) How can we achieve sustainable economic growth without first depleting the Earth's finite resources?
Implement Carrousel. 

4) What is the pound going to do against the euro this month?
No clue, I don't follow currency trends.

5) What is the next Microsoft / Google / Apple / Bitcoin to invest in?
If only. Just made some one Blue Buffalo. The pet industry is winning.

6) How do we clean the seas of plastic pollution?
Robotic dredges. 

7) Will religion ever die out?
No, not completely.

8) Why is something funny?
Perception.

9) How does consciousness arise from the brain?
Mine is by alarm clock. 

10) Can I sink a rowing boat by inflating a condom with compressed air many metres below it?
Yes. I'd like to see the junk it was made for.

11) Waffles or pancakes?
Potato pancakes.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'll take a crack:
1. Until Trump backs off on tariffs, which he will. The only question is how much pain we have to go through before he does.
2. If you look at it as a murder problem, it's going in the right direction on average. As we become more peaceful, and feel safer, the number of people who desire guns for self-defense will decline. In the short run, I expect bump stocks to be outlawed and the return of some kind of version of the 'Assault Weapons Ban'. Maybe widespread increases in minimum ages to buy firearms, or at least certain types of firearms; but I'm not sure a federal law requiring that would survive a court challenge. A sea change in attitude will do more than any enforceable legislation could, and I'm optimistic about that, though we're talking decades.
3. Improvements in energy and manufacturing technology will eventually make recycling trivial, to the point that we 'remake' old things into new ones rather than accumulating so much stuff. It may even be possible to have a solar-powered neighborhood, or even household, 'mini-factory' that you can put ingredients into to get the products you want, even food. Meeting our physical needs will be extremely cheap and will require fewer resources. Even then though, our population has to level off at some point to be sustainable.
4-5: I'll leave these to someone more knowledgeable.
6. This will require a technological solution as well, although my answer to 3. also reduces waste output in the first place. Perhaps I am too 'bright green' optimistic, but it's bright green or dark green, individual responsibility and current tech won't be enough to save us.
7. No, but it will become a minority position eventually, after increasing in developing regions. When they are more developed, religion will decline there too.
8-11. Uh huh.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Your questions are too hard lol. But I’m pretty sure it’s waffles all the way down. Big Grin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 5, 2018 at 10:25 am)Losty Wrote: Your questions are too hard lol. But I’m pretty sure it’s waffles all the way down. Big Grin

It was waffles half the way down for me... same reasoning though Wink
(April 5, 2018 at 10:25 am)Losty Wrote: Your questions are too hard lol. But I’m pretty sure it’s waffles all the way down. Big Grin

Yeah but it's also more interesting reading people's answers.

And yes, I really do want to know if I can sink a rowing boat with an inflated condom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love Craig's List onlinebiker 1 236 May 8, 2022 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Seeing "Hidden Network" on my wi fi list. Brian37 15 1697 May 2, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  List of Messier objects. Jehanne 13 624 January 9, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Star List of Terrible Things Shining_Finger 15 3915 September 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Questions, Questions, Questions Rayaan 14 6320 April 30, 2013 at 8:43 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  List your top three favorite websites reverendjeremiah 23 8060 February 22, 2011 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist