Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Choice groups are targeting The Girl Scouts
Anti-Choice groups are targeting The Girl Scouts
They call it the "Cookie-Cot"

Quote:As you might know by now, there is a boycott of Girl Scout cookies taking place across the country. The purpose is to expose the connection between the Girl Scouts and the abortion industry. Many still do not know that every box of cookies bought will send money to groups like Planned Parenthood and help fund abortion.

All I have to say is, if you're boycotting Girl Scout Cookies or removing your daughter from an organization known for teaching girls leadership, life skills, self-confidence, and good decision-making skills because of its pro-choice views then you are socially irresponsible and a worthless parent.

[Image: yZaVSXM.gif]

http://nathancherry.com/tag/cookie-cot/
RE: Anti-Choice groups are targeting The Girl Scouts
Bullshit. Not even the most staunch anti-abortionist can resist the trefoils or the do-si-do's.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
oh brother. too chickenshit to boycott something real, like taxes, and instead choose to bring their politics to the kids realm. A petition would've worked better and actually made change; instead I see kids being ostracized at doors for selling cookies, kids being pulled from their circle of friends and pitted against one another, and ideologies clashing at schools.Elementary schools.
Shouldn't little kids be free to be kids??
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(February 27, 2014 at 10:28 am)No_God Wrote: All I have to say is, if you're boycotting Girl Scout Cookies or removing your daughter from an organization known for teaching girls leadership, life skills, self-confidence, and good decision-making skills because of its pro-choice views then you are socially irresponsible and a worthless parent.

Though you have to admit, there's a certain thematic consistency there, given how the anti-choice side tends to view women anyway.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Let them try. Really, I want them to make a really big deal out of this, simply because boycotts like this tend to be counter productive. Remember how Chick-fil-a pissed off gay people because of their jackass of an owner? How well has the gay boycott of Chick-fil-a worked out? Remember how Disney pissed off religious conservatives in the late 90's and there was an official Southern Baptist boycott of Disney? That didn't work out, either, as gay people got even more supportive of Disney.

So, if religious shit-bag groups start bitching about the girl scouts and make a big enough stink over them, I'm sure all the gay and pro-choice and secular families will all come in and provide more support in response than they lost from pissing the fundies off.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I bought 7 boxes of cookies.

Suck on that, assholes who think bullying a pretty damn upstanding organization is fine.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
How is it really different than all the liberals who boycott the boy scouts?

Talk about an over reaction. All people are doing is not buying cookies. How awful of them.

(February 27, 2014 at 12:51 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I bought 7 boxes of cookies.

Suck on that, assholes who think bullying a pretty damn upstanding organization is fine.

By bullying do you mean not buying cookies?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Also worth noting, I already go out of my way to support the girl scouts, since they seem to be supportive of me.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/living/gir...t-boycott/

I know that shortly after this story broke out, there were girl scout cookies all over the transgender center in Houston, from all the people buying them and sharing them with other people who are supportive. Which wound up resulting in my eating way more tagalongs than I probably should have.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 27, 2014 at 12:54 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: How is it really different than all the liberals who boycott the boy scouts?

Talk about an over reaction. All people are doing is not buying cookies. How awful of them.

The basis for their boycott is both flawed and without good faith.

1. There is no partnership between Planned Parenthood and the GSUSA.
Ref: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cen...aqs.asp#a2

2. Of Planned Parenthoods services, 3% is for abortion.
Ref: http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/

Ergo this so-called boycott is either based on false premises or is hiding behind a veil of fake outrage.

I'd agree with you if their boycott had fact.

But it doesn't.

Still won't stop apologists like you from leaping to defend the poor liars from the evil liberals.

I dislike you and liberal versions of you.

Use some real reasons to boycott, not fakey bullshit ones.

And with respect to the Boy Scouts, the issue of excluding members on basis of sexual preferences has been resolved.

Ref: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout...troversies

That removes most of the "liberal" rejections of the BSA.

I'll oppose anti-BSA people unless their rationale is grounded and real.

You may be entitled to you own opinion, but not your own facts.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(February 27, 2014 at 1:13 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(February 27, 2014 at 12:54 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: How is it really different than all the liberals who boycott the boy scouts?

The basis for their boycott is both flawed and without good faith.

1. There is no partnership between Planned Parenthood and the GSUSA.
Ref: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cen...aqs.asp#a2

2. Of Planned Parenthoods services, 3% is for abortion.
Ref: http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/

Ergo this so-called boycott is either based on false premises or is hiding behind a veil of fake outrage.

I'd agree with you if their boycott had fact.

But it doesn't.

Still won't stop apologists like you from leaping to defend the poor liars from the evil liberals.

I dislike you and liberal versions of you.

Use some real reasons to boycott, not fakey bullshit ones.

And with respect to the Boy Scouts, the issue of excluding members on basis of sexual preferences has been resolved.

Ref: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout...troversies

That removes most of the "liberal" rejections of the BSA.

I'll oppose anti-BSA people unless their rationale is grounded and real.

You may be entitled to you own opinion, but not your own facts.

oooookay. If you want to know what I said, it's that not buying cookies is not bullying someone. That's it. Oh I also said that you guys sometimes over-react to things. Which I think considering this diatribe, is fairly accurate. Other than that I don't really care one way or another.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 964 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4624 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2354 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1771 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 1941 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 1988 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Anti Trans And Why It Fails Amarok 78 7712 December 27, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3287 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3925 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looks Like The Russkis Regret Their Choice Minimalist 24 7244 April 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist