Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Trans And Why It Fails
Anti Trans And Why It Fails
It's become fashionable among certain elements to have an almost militant Anti Trans attitude this manifests itself in a attempt to pathologize or deny the existence of trans people . The following is some of these attempts and why they fail .

Quote:Gender is defined by gentiles 
No sex is  and not even that unisex anyone 

Quote:Gender is defined by chromosomes 
No sex is  and not even that unisex anyone 

Quote:Unisex is a dysfunction 
There is serious debate on that 

Quote:Unisex is not the same as trans 
Correct but that's aside the point 

Quote:There is a biological basis for gender 
There is some trends of gender that are likely nature and some nurture . None of that proves Trans people don't exist or that it's an delusion 

Quote:A biological explanation for Trans has yet to be proven  
The biological explanation for a lot of things aren't explained . None of that proves Trans people don't exist or that it's an delusion 

Quote:Trans people are delusional because some deny there birth gender 
This argues a belief about the Trans not the existence or correctness of it 

Quote:Trans is indistinguishablle from ( insert mental disorder )
Aside the fact the APA and the WHO disagree this would be an issue of distinction not proof it is a disorder 

Quote:Gender Dysphoria is the same as Trans  
 Nope again the APA disagrees 

Quote:The APA is a Liberal Conspiracy 
And 9/11 was an inside job  Dodgy

Quote:Some people fake it 
And that proves Trans people don't exist or that it's an delusion 

Quote:Some people change 
Change does not mean non existent or a delusion 

Quote:Some children change 
And some don't 

Quote:It's all evil Liberal indoctrination 
And 9/11 was an inside job  Dodgy

Any more anyone can think off
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Anti Trans And Why It Fails
Gender is defined by gentiles????

And here I was, thinking it was the Jews....

Silly me.

Doh
(December 9, 2018 at 3:11 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Gender is defined by gentiles????

Silly me.

Doh
I hope your not serious
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

It's an atheist muslim communist russian plot to weaken The west, dontchaknow?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(December 9, 2018 at 4:36 am)Amarok Wrote:
(December 9, 2018 at 3:11 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Gender is defined by gentiles????

Silly me.

Doh
I hope your not serious
Surely you' re not serious...

I' m quite serious and quit calling me Shirley....

Cool
(December 9, 2018 at 4:36 am)Amarok Wrote:

Silly me.

Doh
I hope your not serious

He is.  I think he's referring to you having typed 'gentiles' when you meant 'genitals'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2018 at 5:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 9, 2018 at 4:36 am)Amarok Wrote: I hope your not serious

He is.  I think he's referring to you having typed 'gentiles' when you meant 'genitals'.

Boru

Awww...

Now we' ll never know how long it would have taken him to figure it out..

Tongue
Well they failed to continue demonising homosexuality so they had to move onto a weaker target that they can bully so they can feel superior about themselves.
For the record, I'm not anti-transgender. I'm anti-bad argument, and most of your blathering rant is just nonsense. However, it's pretty interesting that you give so much credit to APA and WHO, considering their reclassifications of transgender disorders such as gender dysphoria appear to be pure political theater.

The APA, in a 2013 article titled Transgender Today was quite clear stating that while their new official position will be that being transgender is not in itself a disorder, the methods of diagnosis and treatment of transgenders was not actually changing. Their official position was, and still is, that they just don't want there to be a social stigma associated with transgender issues. Since the APA's position is that transgender people require professional mental health diagnosis and treatment because of specifically related mental issues, then it is clearly still considered a disorder to some degree whether they choose to call it one or not.

WHO on the other hand, reclassified transgenderism in a slightly more offensive way. In June 2018 Dr. Jennifer Conti from WHO gave an interview to USA Today and said this:
“By changing the class of this condition, the WHO is effectively saying to everyone and to the world that this is not a mental disorder and we support people who are transgender. It’s a really meaningful step because it promotes inclusivity, it promotes acceptance.” What Dr. Conti was referring to was the reclassification of transgenderism from a mental disorder a different classification. Now, WHO lumps transgenders together in the same category as peeping toms, sexual sadists, men with erectile dysfunction, and pedophiles.

Clearly, your reason for using APA and WHO as cornerstones of your weird little rant was either ignorance or intellectual dishonesty. That aside, the reason anti-trans sentiment persists is really not difficult to understand.

- Transgender activists are obnoxious.
- The actual transgender population is a tiny minority. I know 1.6 million people sounds like a lot, but in a population of 326 million people transgenders represent a fraction of a percent of the population. Frankly, there are larger minority groups who face ACTUAL oppression that deserve more attention than transgenders.
- No majority will willing cede special rights and privileges to a mathematically insignificant segment of the population.
- The eagerness of the aforementioned transgender activists to label anyone who thinks trannys aren't really special at all as bigots and homophobes probably creates more enemies than allies.
- Bad arguments, like yours, simply fail to be convincing and are easily ignored and forgotten.
(December 9, 2018 at 6:25 am)Maketakunai Wrote: - Transgender activists are obnoxious.

I know. How dare they demand the same basic human rights as everyone else. It's a wonder why they just don't accept being erased out of existence to satiate other people's bigotry. It is so selfish of them to complain.

(December 9, 2018 at 6:25 am)Maketakunai Wrote: - The actual transgender population is a tiny minority. I know 1.6 million people sounds like a lot, but in a population of 326 million people transgenders represent a fraction of a percent of the population.

As usual an American thinking that America equals the entire world.

Q) Why should the actual transgender population size being relatively small be a reason for anti-transgender sentiment? How can this in any way be a justification? Do you think the same justification can be used for anti-semitism? For open bigotry against the disabled?  It's the fact that the population is small means they are more vulnerable.

(December 9, 2018 at 6:25 am)Maketakunai Wrote: Frankly, there are larger minority groups who face ACTUAL oppression that deserve more attention than transgenders.  

And what is ACTUAL oppression then and what gives you the right to draw the line? Surely being physically and sexually abused, forced sterilisation, denied basic human rights such as the right to get married or to use the toilet, work place discrimination forcing people into poverty, and all because of a medical condition that they had no choice over, surely this is ACTUAL oppression? Have you experienced oppression yourself? Ever? What makes you think that you have the right to determine whether someone else is being oppressed when you don't even know what the word means. If a small population is facing oppression to the point where well over 40% of them try to commit suicide, surely that is worthy of being called ACTUAL oppression?

(December 9, 2018 at 6:25 am)Maketakunai Wrote: - No majority will willing cede special rights and privileges to a mathematically insignificant segment of the population.

But why not cede basic human rights?

(December 9, 2018 at 6:25 am)Maketakunai Wrote: - The eagerness of the aforementioned transgender activists to label anyone who thinks trannys aren't really special at all as bigots and homophobes probably creates more enemies than allies.

Or you might just be a bigot with a sense of entitlement and privilege who wants to feel superior to some other group rather than actually better yourself as a person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4502 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2289 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1750 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 1923 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 1944 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3247 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I be Trans-Race or Trans-Class? InquiringMind 41 6301 April 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  GOP/Cuba and anti/immigration/refugee crap Brian37 11 3655 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Any anti-feminists? Any feminists? ScienceAf 139 9017 November 14, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2033 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive