Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever meet a Catholic who was faithful to their duties?
Ever meet a Catholic who was faithful to their duties?
Baptism

By accepting Jesus as your Lord and savior.

A personal Relationship with the Father, son, and Holy Ghost.

Keeping the commandments of God

Pray unceasingly and whatever you do, do it for the Lord.
Whatever suffering you encounter offer it up to the Lord without complaint

Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul.
Be attached to nothing that is less than God.

The Church teaches from the CCC 132:” Therefore, the study of the sacred page (Scripture) should be the very soul of sacred theology.

133 The Church "forcefully and specifically exhorts all the Christian faithful. . . to learn the surpassing knowledge of Jesus Christ, by frequent reading of the divine Scriptures. Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ. “

Embrace the Nicene Creed. The summary of the beliefs that all are bound to believe.

A sincere confession, true contrition, worthy purpose of amendment.

The sheep and the goats in Matthew 25 are seperated based on their good deeds for the hungry, naked, homeless, imprisoned etc.

Catholics must do:
Seven corporal works of Mercy:

To feed the hungry;
To give drink to the thirsty;
To clothe the naked;
To harbour the harbourless;
To visit the sick;
To ransom the captive;
To bury the dead.

The spiritual works of mercy are:

To instruct the ignorant;
To counsel the doubtful;
To admonish sinners;
To bear wrongs patiently;
To forgive offences willingly;
To comfort the afflicted;
To pray for the living and the dead.

Those are the Duties of a Catholic. No where in the official teachings of the Church does it say the duties of a Catholic are to molest children, burn heretics, or worship statues. Such behavior is the opposite of what the Church teaches.

So has anyone met a Catholic that was faithful to their duties? I haven't.
RE: Ever meet a Catholic who was faithful to their duties?
In defense of all religious people not just Catholics--people are fallible. Human beings are flawed, and following a strict code of conduct would be a challenge for anyone. Even the most pious religious person will fall short.

The problem with religion is that it implies that being a decent human being can only be achieved through following a list of spelled out "rules," dictated by said religion.

And, that's not true. Altruism is a component of evolution, not an invention given to us by religions.
(March 19, 2014 at 11:32 am)Deidre32 Wrote: In defense of all religious people not just Catholics--people are fallible. Human beings are flawed, and following a strict code of conduct would be a challenge for anyone. Even the most pious religious person will fall short.

The problem with religion is that it implies that being a decent human being can only be achieved through following a list of spelled out "rules," dictated by said religion.

And, that's not true. Altruism is a component of evolution, not an invention given to us by religions.

Okay Intellect! What the Hell are you doing calling yourself an atheist? You have a repugnance for hypocrits and Religion but please return to that which is eternal, rather than burn in Hell with sickos like me and these other hopeless Philistines.Devil

You are proof that God exists and a demonstration of your not evolving from a single cell organism ( not an ape like me.) God has his hook in your mouth and will let you swim so far before reeling you back in! Return to your maker gentle contemplative soul.
(March 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 19, 2014 at 11:32 am)Deidre32 Wrote: In defense of all religious people not just Catholics--people are fallible. Human beings are flawed, and following a strict code of conduct would be a challenge for anyone. Even the most pious religious person will fall short.

Okay Intellect! What the Hell are you doing calling yourself an atheist? You have a repugnance for hypocrits and Religion but please return to that which is eternal, rather than burn in Hell with sickos like me and these other hopeless Philistines.Devil

You are proof that God exists and a demonstration of your not evolving from a single cell organism ( not an ape like me.) God has his hook in your mouth and will let you swim so far before reeling you back in! Return to your maker gentle contemplative soul.

None of us know if there is a god or not, behind the scenes. But atheism isn't synonymous with hate. lol

I don't even hate religion. I just think its wholly unnecessary to living a good life. Frankly, it's not necessary to believing in a god.

:-)
(March 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm)Deidre32 Wrote:
(March 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Okay Intellect! What the Hell are you doing calling yourself an atheist? You have a repugnance for hypocrits and Religion but please return to that which is eternal, rather than burn in Hell with sickos like me and these other hopeless Philistines.Devil

None of us know if there is a god or not, behind the scenes. But atheism isn't synonymous with hate. lol

I don't even hate religion. I just think its wholly unnecessary to living a good life. Frankly, it's not necessary to believing in a god.

It wouldn't be called faith if we knew there was a God.

Compassion and altruism is grace. A gift!

Also, after thousands of years, an ape can't even invent the wheel! Thinking
We shall see, I suppose. lol

Are you a believer, TC? (I see "Amish" but assumed you were kidding?)
:p
(March 19, 2014 at 12:39 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: We shall see, I suppose. lol

Are you a believer, TC? (I see "Amish" but assumed you were kidding?)
:p

I'm Amish only in the sense that I don't have a car because I like to run, walk, and bike, it's healthier, no money on gas, and no monthly insurance.

Yeah I'm a believer, but I still call Jesus a Dishonest Dicksucking Mother Fucker and scream other blasphemies from time to time. He could make sick fucks like me well, and He chooses not to.

He did preach the golden rule and said the law is to love others as you love yourself. He told us to love our enemies, feed the hungry, clothe the ill clad, care for the sick, give shelter to the homeless, give to those who beg, turn the other cheek, judge not lest you be judged...etc. (not that you didn't already know that)

If people do that the world wouldn't be fucked up! But sometimes I hate God as well!Wink

K! Got 2 go 2 work. Talk 2 ya later Sweetness! Love
So you are a believer. Interesting. :-)

Well, the opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference. Atheism in my eyes, is really little more than an indifference to religion and whether or not a god exists. There is a thread here, a sticky I think? That describes the distinctions between atheism and agnosticism, subtle nuances etc.

Regarding the priest scandal. The Catholic faith didn't create pedophile priests, it rather hid them and their crimes. I believe those priests were pedophiles prior to entering the seminary.

The Catholic Church shouldn't have protected them. What it shows is that religion is a cult that protects its own over doing what is right. In this case, so it wouldn't lose membership with Catholics and tarnish its "image."
(March 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: So you are a believer. Interesting. :-)

Well, the opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference. Atheism in my eyes, is really little more than an indifference to religion and whether or not a god exists. There is a thread here, a sticky I think? That describes the distinctions between atheism and agnosticism, subtle nuances etc.

Regarding the priest scandal. The Catholic faith didn't create pedophile priests, it rather hid them and their crimes. I believe those priests were pedophiles prior to entering the seminary.

The Catholic Church shouldn't have protected them. What it shows is that religion is a cult that protects its own over doing what is right. In this case, so it wouldn't lose membership with Catholics and tarnish its "image."

Okay Ghandi!
So you don't hate anyone? Well, you're ahead of 99% of Christians! I sometimes hate God, so you'll get to Heaven ahead of me.

1 John 4 love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love...12 if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 16 God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

Apparently you have God abiding within and you have been born of God lol. Y

Those Bishops are absolutely evil. Now the protocal that Bishops have to take is that any priest who is accused of sexual impropriety must immediately have his faculties removed and be placed under investigation until provin innocent.

St. Padre Pio lost His faculties and was basically in solitary confinement for 10 years because of being accussed of acting out sexually. Turns out He was innocent.

(March 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: [quote='Thunder Cunt' pid='628531' dateline='1395245196']

No one knows if there is a God or not? Those were your words. You're such a weak atheist. Tongue You're agnostic.

I didn't ask you if you hated Religion but said you have a repugnance for it. But I'm truly edified that there is no hatred there. Do you have a bad bone in your body?

Does the 32 near your name mean you are 32 years Old?
Actually that's silly cuz then you'd have to change your name every year for the number to be accurate.

Also, you would know I was a believer if you read my signiture or my thread on Marian apparitions.
(March 17, 2014 at 6:28 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: So has anyone met a Catholic that was faithful to their duties? I haven't.

Where do you meet your Catholics? In prison?
Quis ut Deus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35770 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1020 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 361 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58494 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4023 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1466 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1388 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 795 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2554 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2212 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU