Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Christians
Dear Christians
I got a question for Protestants and Catholics.

Now I'm a believer, because I can't adequately take care of myself, and know that all things, including beautiful women, fall apart and die. We are never promised tomorrow.

I believe that Jesus was the slaughter lamb that shed His blood for iniquitous slime like me. I believe that Jesus murders a kitten every time I masturbate, along with the other Doctrines that must be embraced, so that I don't spend eternity with a hot poker up my ass.

I believe in Him but still think He's full of shit, and have a lot of animosity + doubt.

He said, "Ask anything of the Father in my name and He will give it to you". Do you believe He wants what's best for everyone? So if a homosexual, pedophile, or serial killer prays to God that they would no longer have such desires, and have a healthy mind, emotions, sexuality ( or what have you), and God could give the grace without costing him a single dingle-berry, why wouldn't he Do it?

Does he want what's best for ALL people? Well then, He must want them to be homosexual, tempted to molest children, or tempted to murder. Otherwise, that would mean he chooses to not do what is best for the person, and therefore, doesn't want what's best for them. Thinking

It is scandalous that we have obesity in this country while God walks past the starving and infirm, in the third world; God is Rich as fuck but doesn't feed them. It is an outrage that God is a Father, a strong mighty Father, that watches his children get trafficked, fucked, and murdered. He see's these cold blooded monsters laying waste to the innocent and could easily come to the rescue, yet chooses not to.

What do you think of such a Father? "My daughter is getting molested, I think I'll watch and do nothing as she get's [censored] up the [censored]...even though it wouldn't cost me a a dime to restrain the sick fuck that's doing it.

Do I believe in God? Yes. Does He piss me off. Immeasurably!!! Devil

Catholics and Protestants piss me off! You guys are commanded not to judge lest you be judged. "Do not look at a woman with lust or you have committed adultery with her in your heart. Forgive others or you will not be forgiven. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. love one another as I have loved you" etc. etc. etc....

For the sake of not being a hypocrit, I piss me off, cuz I don't follow those rules. But I prayed to God for the graces to be obedient. He chose not to give them. Funny, I wanted to do his will but He leaves me in the darkness so I can't. How many other sorry son's of Bitches like me are in the same boat? Thanks Jesus!

It's no wonder the world is going to hell in a handbag!

(If this needs to be moved to a debate forum please move it. If it is trollish (cuz I don't seem to grasp the concept) please delete or edit it. Thanks!)
Dear Christians
[Image: a7udy2ym.jpg]
RE: Dear Christians
If a god exists, how religions have described him over the years, may be way off base. Maybe he just doesn't interfere with how his creation functions. Religions have described god as a personal one. If a god exists, maybe he's nothing like that.

When I see people ask, "if there is a god, why did (insert calamity) happen?" That type of question doesn't mean anything really except if you view a deity as how say the Abrahamic faiths describe him.

I choose to not dwell on it, anymore. Life is what we make of it and bad stuff happens. It honestly has nothing to do with a deity. (should one exist) I left religion not because bad stuff happens to innocent people. I left it because it makes zero sense to worship something I've largely designed off of ancient stories and my own imagination.
(March 20, 2014 at 12:50 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: If a god exists, how religions have described him over the years, may be way off base. Maybe he just doesn't interfere with how his creation functions. Religions have described god as a personal one. If a god exists, maybe he's nothing like that.

When I see people ask, "if there is a god, why did (insert calamity) happen?" That type of question doesn't mean anything really except if you view a deity as how say the Abrahamic faiths describe him.

I choose to not dwell on it, anymore. Life is what we make of it and bad tuff happens. It honestly has nothing to do with a deity. (should one exist)

I'm with ya and have mad respect for you for actually giving what could be a defense of the Catholic Church (on another thread) while being an atheist. I'll not mention that anymore so to offend sounding like a broken record or annoy you with flattery Tongue

God willed that His only Son be brutally tortured and murdered. He saw it as a good thing. In fact, Christians rejoice and are glad that Jesus got tortured and murdered. True story! Wink
Yea, don't think Christians are "glad" about that, they just see it as part of the "plan" for "redemption." I once did. Wink
(March 20, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Catholics and Protestants piss me off! You guys are commanded not to judge lest you be judged.
The "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing always makes me cringe, because both religious and non-religious use it to mean "do not hold any kind of opinion about others." We 'judge' others in this manner all the time, it's how our minds work. If I act like an obnoxious asshole, why would you hesitate to think "wow, that guy's an obnoxious asshole"? We are wired to rush to judgment, it's a survival skill that doesn't translate terribly well to modern life, but it is what it is.

The context of that verse (Matthew 7:1-6) indicates that he is referring to offering counsel to another person. It is counterproductive, Jesus is saying, to advise someone to a course of action that you are not following. In other words, it's another twist on the futility of "do as I say, not as I do."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
it's hard to understand how the christian god of the holy bib-le says children are innocent and not accountable. I mean, why doesn't he save them from all the terrible things? They haven't done any sinning..they are HIS children. They are without fault. If you think about the christian god.. you realize christians are retarded. How is it possible to hurt children that way?... but again, it's retarded. He doesn't save the children, he doesn't heal the sick..HE isn't anything. He is an idea.. a really shitty one.
I hate the bible. I love that do as thy whilst stuff.
I see this thread is a dud so far
Doesnt attract catholics or protestants
(March 20, 2014 at 11:31 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I see this thread is a dud so far

Why won't God heal amputees?
(March 21, 2014 at 12:14 am)hobie Wrote:
(March 20, 2014 at 11:31 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I see this thread is a dud so far

Why won't God heal amputees?

Its against his religion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1013 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7814 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2557 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 15518 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31253 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Dear god dyresand 14 1708 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2476 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Dear christians... dyresand 1 1111 April 2, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 49465 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Theists Foxaèr 79 14971 September 25, 2015 at 11:20 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb