Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's an atheist funeral like?
what's an atheist funeral like?
Never been to a funeral that didnt have swing low sweet chariot or amazing grace
RE: what's an atheist funeral like?
Shall I try to arrange to have photos posted when that inevitable day comes? (Seriously, it isn't anything I think about.)
RE: whats an atheist funeral like?
I've never been to one, but I'm pretty sure my loved ones will cremate me when I die, and they'll only have a memorial service if someone really feels a need for it, and will have a celebration of life at like a bar or something.
When I go, I want everyone to put the FUN back in Funeral.
Either that, or I want my casket to tip over, open up, and reveal there's no body inside. Followed by the Lost cut scene horns sound.
I've arranged to be thrown to a pack of wild dogs as soon as the keg is tapped. After that, I expect a lot of drunkenness and possibly a fist fight or two. You know, family time.
(March 21, 2014 at 10:40 am)LostLocke Wrote: When I go, I want everyone to put the FUN back in Funeral.
Either that, or I want my casket to tip over, open up, and reveal there's no body inside. Followed by the Lost cut scene horns sound.
What about the Law and Order "Ch-CHING" sound or CSI: Miami, "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!" Wink
My paternal grandfather's funeral wasn't an atheist funeral but it was very non-religious; we held the remembrance ceremony is a park, showed a slide show of family photos featuring family members with him, family vacations, etc., had people relate anecdotes about him and how he touched their lives... No prayers were said, no hymns were sung, I don't even know if the guy who presided over the ceremony was a minister or religious in any way. The immediate family then took his ashes to the local Veterans cemetery and dropped him down his little hole with nary a word spoken that was religious.

That's the closest I've gotten.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I wanna b decapitated disemboweled and dismembered
I'll have to volunteer for medical experiments or post my desire online

Oh wait
Just did that Smile
My best friend of 20+ years has made me swear to make his funeral a mosh pit and crowd surf his corpse.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I like aztec funerals for those sacrificed 2their gods

(March 21, 2014 at 10:51 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: My best friend of 20+ years has made me swear to make his funeral a mosh pit and crowd surf his corpse.

Are u a woman of yr word?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3401 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7308 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  What is being an Atheist like? connietheTgirl 53 7227 October 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Are Deists more like theists or Atheist? Twisted 37 9281 May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: comet
  Planning my funeral zebo-the-fat 47 8039 February 13, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Nope
  Secular Funeral Jenny A 32 5996 January 27, 2015 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  I would like to speak one on one with an informed atheist. Arbitraryusername 16 4585 November 7, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Going to a funeral and feel like I could scream. leo-rcc 27 10050 May 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: tavarish