Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationists take note
Creationists take note
I’ve been monitoring the forums for a while and seeing creationists attempt to criticize atheists with flawed statements along the lines of “Atheists think we come from nothing” or “ Atheists don’t have answers, thus God does exist”.

My take on it is very simplified, but I would like to see what others think.

Through our history, people of “Faith” have tried to cover up scientific findings (either by executions, fear, or story twists) that could leave society with questions about god as a whole. Fortunately, humanity was still able to pursue science and leave many religions in a bitter state of insecurity.

Obviously there are too many religions to cover, I for example was born and raised as a Sunni-Muslim in Damascus Syria before I migrated to the US when I was 12. My loss of faith was tied with many incidents in my life including my attempt to convert to Christianity for acceptance by my (now Ex girlfriend) and her family.

It’s pretty clear most religions (Especially the big three) are very similar and poorly executed.
My problem wasn’t finding faith or God, my problem was finding common sense tied with modern science discoveries.
Creationists go on and on about disproving atheism without looking at their own issues.

Creationists tend to confuse themselves with many questions without setting their mentality in a state of self-criticism.

Science is sure of the BigBang and Evolution, nothing more nothing less. Whether we are a tiny lab project in some alien world or genetically engineered by a powerful “God”, society’s (Mostly religion) interpretation of God is false and fake.

You do not have to go into details to understand how one’s faith is tied with their geographical location at birth along with the meme theory, or what about stupid questions like:
Why would mighty god create a sophisticated world where humans CAN give birth in different geographical locations and brain their offspring false/true ideas depending on what their ancestors have passed down.

I once had a Christian tell me that Christianity is the truth, and it’s the missionaries duty to help everyone on earth believe in God before rapture occurs. There’s obviously a flawed logic in the process to even simplify everything in the universe to this pathetic ideology.

Look at babies born with birth defects, diseases, famine, suffering and wars, there are humans that never get the chance to do or be anything other than living a life of grief and pain for the rest of their lives (For absolutely no reason). To think some God created this world for the sole purpose of punishing us because of some tree and an apple or to test our faith of any sort is illogical and frankly stupid.

To me, an atheist is someone who’s more concerned about recent discoveries rather than anything passed down from 2000 years ago. The fact of the matter is, we don’t know. We don’t know the purpose of the universe, we don’t know who/what created the universe. What we do know, religions and societies interpretation of God or our creation is wrong.

Thank you and I apologize for my broken English as it is my 2nd language.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry regarding creationists neil 48 1952 February 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3315 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3536 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 9500 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8354 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6586 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7769 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you're pro-life, how far do you take that? robvalue 147 13719 August 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  "Jesus take the wheel, 'cause I sure ain't!" Gawdzilla Sama 19 2124 December 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Important theological question for creationists Alex K 2 669 November 27, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer