Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should there be Atheist groups?
Should there be Atheist groups?
Personally I dont think there should be Atheist groups.

Like this:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/

Or maybe similar to this forum.

I think we shouldn't have these. Because it seems weird. Like an Atheist church of some sorts.

Atheism is just a lable for people who don't believe.
RE: Should there be Atheist groups?
The problem is that religion is making it necessary. If they weren't legislating their beliefs onto us, affecting our lives and others adversely (hear about the diabetic girl who died because the parents prayed for her instead of seeking medical attention?) then we probably wouldn't meet under the 'atheist' label.
It's funny when you think about it - atheism being the natural and neutral state of all humans before they are indoctrinated into religion. I guess this is what happens when the majority of the population are deluded into beliefs based on fantasy.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
I'd actually like an atheist discussion group in my area. It'd be nice to build a little atheist community to discuss sane things.
I think Rational Responders have a load of bad press, mainly because they are really quite annoying. I do think that atheists need to organize to start getting their image changed, so it is a difficult subject to discuss.
(August 26, 2008 at 8:35 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: The problem is that religion is making it necessary. If they weren't legislating their beliefs onto us, affecting our lives and others adversely (hear about the diabetic girl who died because the parents prayed for her instead of seeking medical attention?) then we probably wouldn't meet under the 'atheist' label.
It's funny when you think about it - atheism being the natural and neutral state of all humans before they are indoctrinated into religion. I guess this is what happens when the majority of the population are deluded into beliefs based on fantasy.

Do you mean this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341574,00.html
The murder of Madeline Neumann was a tragic unforgivable event
(August 26, 2008 at 8:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The murder of Madeline Neumann was a tragic unforgivable event

This will REALLY get your blood boiling.

Larson stepped away so the young girl's parents, Dale and Leilani Neumann, could be alone with her and their grief. Then he took them aside, asking what funeral home they preferred.

"We won't need one," he was told. "She will be alive tomorrow."

Larson pressed further. He explained that the body would be taken to Madison for an autopsy. Again the couple waved away the facts lying before them in the hospital bed. "You won't need to do that," they assured him. "She will be alive by then."
The sad thing is that even when she isn't resurrected, I'm certain it won't shake their faith. They'll find some screwball way of interpreting it as God testing them even further.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
I covered a load of these stories when they came out. The church behind them has a long history of murdering children and covering them up.

http://atheistblogger.com/2008/04/01/blo...ck-part-2/
(August 26, 2008 at 10:10 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I covered a load of these stories when they came out. The church behind them has a long history of murdering children and covering them up.

http://atheistblogger.com/2008/04/01/blo...ck-part-2/

Holy hell my link never got through.

Anyway, you should check it out.

http://www.isthmus.com/isthmus/article.p...icle=23430

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 754 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 2959 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2697 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 9048 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 92571 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights Rhondazvous 6 1733 September 14, 2015 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How should I go about telling my parents that I'm atheist Ghost2282 12 3316 February 15, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Should Someone Be an Atheist? savedwheat 364 62047 January 8, 2014 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist Bipolar Bob 200 58619 January 6, 2014 at 12:14 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  How Should We React When a ‘Militant Atheist’ Beats Up a Pastor? Gooders1002 40 13125 November 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas