Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights
Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights
Dominionists have made it clear their goal is to establish a theocracy in the United States. Now they've bought up a major scientific news outlet (National Geographic) and the courts have made it clear that Christians don't have to comply with laws that contradict their interpretation of the Bible. This sounds like a wake up call. Is there an Atheist group that has enough power to couunter what is happening?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights
.....I'm sorry. I may have missed something important. This reads a lot like a conspiracy theory.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Is There an Atheist Groups Powerful Enough to Counter Fox and Protect Gay Rights
Yes, and that group is called reasonable people. They don't need any flag to rally behind.

And Murdoch being what he always was, it's about money and not some lofty conspiracy to undermine the media. On a final not, the US isn't the world.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Might not hurt to get a few more Obama SCOTUS nominees if you're really nervous about it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There isn't a large enough atheist group, and there never has been in the old U.S. of A. It's primarily theists who made this a secular nation, and I'm hoping moderate theists will come to our rescue (and their own) this time too.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
We keep pitting them against each others schisms, it will leverage our abilities.

it's why I'm touchy about Catholic, Protestant and Jewish versions of 10 Commandments. It should be a divisive issue for religious people, not a unifying one.

The fiction they are all protecting the same thing vexes me.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Not all believers want to ensconce their beliefs into law. Most don't care one way or the other.

Buying NatGeo is a useless step in any plan they might have, because their core audience doesn't read it, and the magazine's audience won't support the editorial change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 3263 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 459 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 755 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1873 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3013 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3461 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7031 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Enough of this shit. Time for some activism FebruaryOfReason 3 1490 March 25, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hindu Perspective: Counter to God of Gaps Theory Krishna Jaganath 26 5795 November 19, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheism "rights & wrongs"? RationalAtheist 63 13105 October 29, 2015 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Alex K