Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Maher Rips WalMart
Bill Maher Rips WalMart
Scroll down for the video.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/05/bi...ed-nitwit/
RE: Bill Maher Rips WalMart
Real Time w/ Bill Maher was great last night as always. I can't wait to see him live, April 27th!!!
WalMart is like a cancer to our economy. Killing off a lot of small biz competitors, it is nothing more than a greedy empire, that is an illusion of giving people cost savings on a variety of products. There is a huge price everyone pays, for supporting WalMart. It can be a fun place to ''people watch'', however. Oh my.

Rumor has it that Bill Maher might take Leno's place?
Jimmy Fallon took Leno's place.

I haven't watched it since.
I used to work at a Wal*Mart Distribution Center. The salaries and benefits packages were actually pretty good at the Distrbution Centers. The stores are different though. In any event I have my issues with Wal*Mart. Every morning started the work day off with a motivational speech from the GM and ended with a Wal*Mart cheer. Rolleyes They constantly talked about belonging to the Wal*Mart culture and being one big happy family, (like a cult), until you get hurt on the job. Then you're not part of the family anymore. I won't even shop at China*Mart. Those snakes with their attorneys can slime their way out of anything.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Isn't it true that they actually teach their employees how to take advantage of welfare, giving them the expectation that while they give them the first half of their pittance that Uncle Sam will hand out the rest?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Bill Maher Rips WalMart
McDonalds does that. Not sure about Walmart

Quote:This issue has become more known as we learn just how far some companies have gone in putting their employees on public assistance. According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs. It exploded into the public when a recording of the McResource line advocated that full-time employees sign up for food stamps and welfare.
Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest private sector employer, is also the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance. These amount to massive taxpayer subsidies for private companies.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11...ueens.html
(April 5, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: WalMart is like a cancer to our economy. Killing off a lot of small biz competitors, it is nothing more than a greedy empire, that is an illusion of giving people cost savings on a variety of products. There is a huge price everyone pays, for supporting WalMart. It can be a fun place to ''people watch'', however. Oh my.

Suppose that tomorrow, every Walmart shuttered it doors and laid of all its employees......would the world be better off or worse off?
Bill Maher Rips WalMart
(April 6, 2014 at 6:46 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(April 5, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: WalMart is like a cancer to our economy. Killing off a lot of small biz competitors, it is nothing more than a greedy empire, that is an illusion of giving people cost savings on a variety of products. There is a huge price everyone pays, for supporting WalMart. It can be a fun place to ''people watch'', however. Oh my.

Suppose that tomorrow, every Walmart shuttered it doors and laid of all its employees......would the world be better off or worse off?

Well, every single employee is already on federal aid, so I doubt we'd really notice a difference.

If the companies can't pay their employees enough to live, working full time, they shouldn't be in buisiness.

The economic hit a lot of rural and other areas would take is due to Walmart's buisiness practices: running small buisiness into the ground, so there's no alternative for many to shopping or working there.

It's a measure of how badly they screwed up the economy of an area, and how deplorable their buisiness practices are.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/18/news/com...index.html

Quote:One Wal-Mart store in Ohio is collecting canned food to help its workers feed their families a Thanksgiving dinner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2564 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1344 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1236 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6340 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Maher/Corden and obesity brewer 83 3198 September 27, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods...... Brian37 106 7574 September 5, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 695 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1558 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bill Daily dead at 91 Foxaèr 1 348 September 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole Minimalist 78 7020 June 18, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd