Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods......
Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods......
When people say the free market does not work, I call bullshit. Dicks Sporting Goods and Delta airlines have stood up to the firearm industry. And now Walmart has been the next to do the right thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business/...index.html
RE: Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods......
(September 3, 2019 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When people say the free market does not work, I call bullshit. Dicks Sporting Goods and Delta airlines have stood up to the firearm industry. And now Walmart has been the next to do the right thing.

That's HUGELY encouraging.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 3, 2019 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 3, 2019 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When people say the free market does not work, I call bullshit. Dicks Sporting Goods and Delta airlines have stood up to the firearm industry. And now Walmart has been the next to do the right thing.

That's HUGELY encouraging.

Boru

It is. But it is sad it has taken this long. Shit like this should have happened after Brady and Reagan getting shot. It should have happened after Columbine. It most certainly should have happened after Newtown.

But still, times are changing as they should. I simply wish the needlessly fearful right would stop buying the fear and get on board.
After selling its current inventory, lol.

Hundreds of thousands of rounds........per store.

Fuck em , they had shit for guns and ammo anyway.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 3, 2019 at 1:52 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: After selling its current inventory, lol.

Hundreds of thousands of rounds........

I was actually thinking more about asking people not to bring guns into the stores.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 3, 2019 at 1:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 3, 2019 at 1:52 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: After selling its current inventory, lol.

Hundreds of thousands of rounds........

I was actually thinking more about asking people not to bring guns into the stores.

Boru

Or the sales. There are more firearms in America than humans. We don't need a more flooded market.
That’s already a thing not to do.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 3, 2019 at 1:56 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: That’s already a thing not to do.

Yeah, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.  Observe these idiots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8la_mu6HY

Boru
People of Walmart dot com will give the necessary context.
I followed an armed man around Walmart with a double-bitted axe back in '08. When he realized what I was doing he left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dicks had a meltdown, for good reason. Brian37 95 5236 October 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods Fake Messiah 5 569 April 4, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
  We need to arm more dicks. Brian37 13 1208 November 29, 2018 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Walmart raises minimum age requirement for buying Guns and Ammo Sterben 15 1717 March 2, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dicks sporting goods stops selling assault riffles. Brian37 1 538 February 28, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  NASCAR to Indiana, "Stop being dicks". Brian37 18 3249 April 6, 2015 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Walmart throws a bone KUSA 39 4135 February 23, 2015 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Hey Pakistan stop being dicks! Brian37 27 4359 October 21, 2014 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bill Maher Rips WalMart Minimalist 33 7316 May 3, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Isun