Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole
Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole
In response to what these miserable republicunt pricks are doing at the border.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephen-co...-into-this

Watch the video but this comment lays it out clearly.

Quote:The host expressed dismay that Americans are currently “putting up with our government saying, ‘If you come to the United States, the worst thing imaginable will happen to you. We will take your children away from you, with no guarantee you’ll see them again.’”

“That is using cruelty as a deterrent,” he said. “Clearly, no decent human being could defend that. So Jeff Sessions did.”

Of course, Sessions is only the go-fer boy of the miserable cunt in chief.
RE: Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole
Not to mention that the same (conservative) people currently justifying tearing children away from their parents spend the last twenty years insisting "every child deserves a mother and a father."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
'Do you understand how much of a Nazi you have to be to pull a frightened, crying child away from a mother, offering no reassurance or explanation of when the child will see that mother again?  And then wake up, go to work, and do it AGAIN?

'Be ashamed.  WE are the shithole nation.'  - David Simon

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
From my understanding, at least part of what is occurring, is that they illegal immigrants are being put into federal prison, awaiting prosecution.  The children are separated as the parents enter the federal prison system (you don't put children in adult prisons).  On the other hand, I have heard it presented as a deterrent to an ever increasing problem of illegal immigration. 

But sometimes, I think you need to take step back from whatever reasons or justifications you have for what you are doing; and ask, "Is this right".  Even if logically valid, it may not be morally valid.  And I would agree that this is most definitely one of those times.  Tearing apart a family, when it is unnecessary or especially as a deterrent is wrong.  This policy should be rejected and discarded.  I think that there is a big problem with illegal immigration.  I can agree to having harsh (zero tolerance) policies to those who are guilty.   But I can't see where this is morally justifiable.  I've heard similar on the Breakpoint podcast recently, so hopefully, we can get this changed.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
RR, you overlook the basic premise that people who arrive at the border are not criminals, they are asylum seekers.  They have not been convicted of anything and there are certainly no efforts being made to pre-screen them by the Border Patrol.  It's essentially, "you speak Spanish - get in this cell."  Yeah, we are a great xtian humanitarian nation.

Especially with that miserable fuck running things.
(June 15, 2018 at 12:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: RR, you overlook the basic premise that people who arrive at the border are not criminals, they are asylum seekers.  They have not been convicted of anything and there are certainly no efforts being made to pre-screen them by the Border Patrol.  It's essentially, "you speak Spanish - get in this cell."  Yeah, we are a great xtian humanitarian nation.

Especially with that miserable fuck running things.

I already disagreed with the policy. However, if they are going through the proper channels appealing for assylum, then I would also agree that they are not criminals.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
What more can they do than walk up to the border and ask for asylum?

[Image: 34962211_1935691506465250_20914945831783...e=5BA3559D]
(June 15, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What more can they do than walk up to the border and ask for asylum?

Duh...

Fill out an FU-254 form, complete with US passport size photos of all asylum seekers, as well as a full criminal history report from their local police precinct. Then get that all notarized and send it to USCIS with a check for $768 dollars. Wait 6-8 months for processing, then fill out an FU-371B form and within another 6-8 months you should receive your border crossing papers.

The above is all bullshit but it's based on my own experience with immigration Tongue
Um, that sounds reasonable but people are rarely reasonable when some gang is beating the shit out of them.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/vis...m_2017.pdf

Quote:The steadily growing waiting period in this preference
is now over thirteen years for countries of
most favorable visa availability and even longer for some oversubscribed countries

I wouldn't like to get hit over the head for 13 years.  Would you?
[Image: TFJ7N5LORE7PLBNQLRSMRDLL2Q.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 688 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges Minimalist 11 1419 November 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 2943 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 356 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force" Foxaèr 126 7736 August 6, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76. Jehanne 203 23782 April 28, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole Minimalist 10 1750 March 23, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stephen Fry reveals prostate cancer diagnosis Antares 7 743 February 23, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Every Day Is Another Embarrassment With This Fucking Asshole Minimalist 27 3031 January 12, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stephen Colbert - The WLB Sings The Anthem Minimalist 3 503 January 10, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus