Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All theists and atheists should be aware of crazies
All theists and atheists should be aware of crazies
Crazies, also known as conspiracy theorists, are well known to be immune to application of logic and reason. Like a fungus, most biocides that kill them also kill us. Liberal application of Ban-hammer, a local anti-troll solution is said to have beneficial effects upon an infected forum, except in cases of mass delusion.

Some cranks troll around us for attention. It is a must that one does not feed them. I will not even gratify certain wastes of space with the mention of their designation.
RE: All theists and atheists should be aware of crazies
(December 21, 2009 at 12:51 am)Synackaon Wrote: Crazies, also known as conspiracy theorists, are well known to be immune to application of logic and reason. Like a fungus, most biocides that kill them also kill us. Liberal application of Ban-hammer, a local anti-troll solution is said to have beneficial effects upon an infected forum, except in cases of mass delusion.

Some cranks troll around us for attention. It is a must that one does not feed them. I will not even gratify certain wastes of space with the mention of their designation.

Every great thread starts out as a conspiracy theory. Without conspiracy theories forums would be boring.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(December 21, 2009 at 12:51 am)Synackaon Wrote: Crazies, also known as conspiracy theorists, are well known to be immune to application of logic and reason. Like a fungus, most biocides that kill them also kill us. Liberal application of Ban-hammer, a local anti-troll solution is said to have beneficial effects upon an infected forum, except in cases of mass delusion.

I think I know who your talking about.
Does it start with a P?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Hey now, this is uncalled for.

I respect your right to have an opinion on things, and would politely ask that you show me the same. The hole "conspiracy theorist" thing is brainwashing, it is a new term to downplay what is an old issue. I miss being an anti-globalist, at least the was more realistic.

Trust me, as crazy as I must sound to you, you sound to me. But ask Adrian if you can ban me, see what he says. I'll go hang out with Kyu. Wait, he prob hates me more than you. Smile

Thanks for sharing.
Pip might be a bit of a crazy on some issues but at least she'll challenge ya about things that are normally considered the norm - often she's dead wrong imho but it's a lot of fun and very good experience having to defend points of view that normally aren't challenged at all.

I'd rather have people here who are going to challenge my ideas than a crowd with a single focus, after all being reassured doesn't motivate you to dig deeper.
(December 22, 2009 at 9:02 am)theVOID Wrote: I'd rather have people here who are going to challenge my ideas than a crowd with a single focus, after all being reassured doesn't motivate you to dig deeper.

That is the mantra of my life! Without the mystical bullshit connotation of 'mantra' of course.

EvF
I have a Manta to. Ain't she a beauty?

[Image: manta-tipton2.JPG]

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Ok, ok. I've fixed the spelling now. Pedant. lol.

Seriously though, my above accusation of pedantry was a total joke. Thank you very much for noticing my spelling mistake so I could correct it.

EvF
Who's a pedarest?
- Meatball
(December 22, 2009 at 9:02 am)theVOID Wrote: I'd rather have people here who are going to challenge my ideas than a crowd with a single focus, after all being reassured doesn't motivate you to dig deeper.
Is that so?
(December 22, 2009 at 10:17 am)Dotard Wrote: I have a Manta to. Ain't she a beauty?

[Image: manta-tipton2.JPG]

Really nice. Is it strictly agnostic or just skeptic?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2365 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2930 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11122 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5227 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  God and theists. WinterHold 96 33406 May 23, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12247 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20921 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 13018 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Theists: How can predetermined fate and free will coexist? AceBoogie 252 28416 January 9, 2017 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Good theists... Parts 1 and 2 merged ScienceAf 72 10864 October 12, 2016 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Kingpin