Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic diocese refuses to sell land out of fear of gay marriage, but...
Catholic diocese refuses to sell land out of fear of gay marriage, but...
... allowed a pedophile ring to run out of the same house.

I don't think I've ever seen a single piece of news so easily encapsulate everything that's wrong with the church. And just how insulting is it, to insinuate that gay marriage is actually a step down from the reason the damn house is on the market in the first place?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Catholic diocese refuses to sell land out of fear of gay marriage, but...
Nothing the church does now surprises me.
Considering the number of priests that have been excommunicated for affairs with adult women while the child rapists have been protected, it can only be logically viewed as a paedophile ring.
With those in charge the worst offenders.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: Considering the number of priests that have been excommunicated for affairs with adult women while the child rapists have been protected, it can only be logically viewed as a paedophile ring.

That's actually a pretty good point, and it makes me wonder what the church would be doing if public opinion on adultery was more severe, and child abuse less severe; I get the feeling that'd be a world where the adulterers are hidden, and the pedophiles excommunicated, as the church cares about their reputation, and not the crime itself.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 13, 2014 at 7:08 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: Considering the number of priests that have been excommunicated for affairs with adult women while the child rapists have been protected, it can only be logically viewed as a paedophile ring.

That's actually a pretty good point, and it makes me wonder what the church would be doing if public opinion on adultery was more severe, and child abuse less severe; I get the feeling that'd be a world where the adulterers are hidden, and the pedophiles excommunicated, as the church cares about their reputation, and not the crime itself.

My thoughts exactly, I got into an argument with some of my more über-Catholic family members over this.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Re: RE: Catholic diocese refuses to sell land out of fear of gay marriage, but...
(April 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: Nothing the church does now surprises me.
Considering the number of priests that have been excommunicated for affairs with adult women while the child rapists have been protected, it can only be logically viewed as a paedophile ring.
It is absolutely a paedophile ring. Every person who calls themself Catholic is actively supporting paedophilia, and I don't understand why nothing is being done about this. The press will report each case as if it might as well be an isolated case and there is nothing wrong with the religion itself. But the thing is, this isn't just a paedophile ring, it's a paedophile ring with a billion supporters. If paedophilia was as rife within any non-christian religion there would be riots on the streets! Their billion supporters make them hard to take on, sadly. Each and every Catholic is as guilty as the priests who do this shit.
I'd love to see you go charge them over at the Catholic Forums with that little bit, Nora. See how that goes Wink
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I... Don't think so.
I'm sure they'll tell you that the little bastards were asking for it!
(April 12, 2014 at 7:47 am)Esquilax Wrote: ... allowed a pedophile ring to run out of the same house.

I don't think I've ever seen a single piece of news so easily encapsulate everything that's wrong with the church. And just how insulting is it, to insinuate that gay marriage is actually a step down from the reason the damn house is on the market in the first place?

lets see I claim "My bar is for "straight people only. and gay people can go to their own bars".

And I am the one that is "evil" ... really?

If they don't want gays in their church that is fine. Let gays make their own church. Its called freedom of choice.

of course, you know the real problem ... it aint the religion is it? and abuse is abuse. Stop abuse and racism.
You're kinda stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32574 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 354 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3878 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1382 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1337 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 773 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Republicans are redefining marriage Foxaèr 5 638 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2522 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2176 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 625 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat