Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom From Religion, Converted Human
Freedom From Religion, Converted Human
Freedom! Elation! Happiness! Liberation! I am finally released from all things unnecessarily cumbersome and restrictive. I can breathe without limits and step without direction. I can jump off or jump onto whatever is intellectually satisfying. The liberal world, the scientific and mysterious world is now on my dinner plate. I am free to feast upon whatever is seemingly appetizing or unappetizing. I have rejected the chalky, suffocating, and contrived powdered milk of society and have chosen the organic, the real and genuine products of life. I have weaned myself off of the persecuting elements of societal pressure and decided to choose my own form of life’s many refreshments. No longer a slave of the consumer population, but now a farmer of the producing population seeking to create something brilliant or at least something satisfying for personal gratification and if I’m lucky, the gratification of mankind.

The cows graze the land, the sheep graze the land, the pigs lay in the shadows waiting for grain, and the chickens scratch around at the ground, pecking at the ground, all living absolutely without second thought. Living-without-second-thought, that is the both the ultimate goal and ultimate disease of humanity. Living without second thought while in bondage or living without thought in our genuine natures. I’ve given myself the second thought and now have rejected second thought for the sake of my genuine nature.

The Farmer, instead of controlling all elements of the farm, he allows them to live, tending only to the amount of effort necessary. He lets the animals graze and live and fight and thrive without censorship or control. Without this the animals and plants would surely be babied and stifled. Likewise, I have done the same with my mind, my intellect, my insanity. Instead of placing ridiculous angelic standards of perfection for my life, I have now succumbed to my sweet imperfect, insane humanity. I have embraced my natural impulses and tendencies. I can pro-create without the thought of fornication, and raise children with the power of humanity and not divine interaction. I can give money for the humanity of the choice and not for the salvation of the choice. When someone says something unethical I can say “fuck you” or I can say “I respect your opinion but you’re wrong,” but the beauty of both statements are the same freedom: speech. I can speak, have opinions, and express concern! I can accept the thoughts I have without internal judgment, write them down into syllable count and rhyme, or in lengthy revolting diatribe and release the cumbersome concerns that haunt my sleepless nights. I have released the cattle, fed the pigs, and tended to the garden and allowed it to live wild, to live genuine and I cannot wait to “reap” what I have “sown.”

Like the Farmer, I have adopted the methods that prove fruitful and not the ways assumed to be divine. I have accepted the cruel realities of my farm, my mental wild, my intellectual tendencies, and my moral convictions. I no longer have to pretend and contrive a life to be tortured, but I can life genuine. I love that word. Genuine, I still do not understand its definition, but luckily I do not have to define it, it defines it’s self. Its defining revelations produce pure humanity and art and its mysteries cause for the passionate journey for that humane, artistic revelation. It’s a beautiful cycle, one of which I look forward to its dizzy carousel of natural centripetal force of authenticity. I, like Holden Caulfield, have allowed life to live, and allowed its elements to simply exist for what they are.

I’m free of religious enterprise, authoritative dictates, and superstitious delusion. I can live and let others live. I can now befriend without scheduling a preemptive conversion for the friendship. I can now love and care for the sake of my humanity and the sake of humanity itself and not for the sake of old fables and allegories and the hopes for a celestial reward. I’ve embraced the inner Voltaire and seek for the future Emerson. I can live without discriminating and without accepting discrimination.

Reason and rational is now above faith and hopeful conclusions. Science, music, and literature is now my escape without restraint instead of repetitious scripture and nonsense leadership lectures that seek to restrain me. I am a sinner, I am an apostate, I am heretic and a heathen, and above all else: I am human and it feels so fucking good.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
RE: Freedom From Religion, Converted Human
Can u start from the beginning...
(April 15, 2014 at 5:23 pm)truthBtold Wrote: Can u start from the beginning...

Where? Wink Shades hahaha
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
Are you for real?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
You certainly hit the ground running!
Is this your intro thread? If so Welcome from the UK!

I get the feeling that you're happy about something. If only I could put my finger on it...
Sum ergo sum
I would like to know why you mentioned "freedom from religion" are you apart of the program?
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Computers have been converted to Islam religion! AVMXF 40 2693 August 20, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4233 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Atheists who have converted to theism? Jehanne 110 22787 January 11, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What human purpose does religion fill? kramazeek 23 6235 September 9, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: kramazeek
  Freedom From Atheism Foundation (FFAF) Void 40 7975 March 11, 2015 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A question for all you converted athiests! coolfunkDJ 53 9037 March 1, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Just converted my mom to atheism.....???? Rancid 16 3218 February 7, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16560 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  Exmormon To Atheist Freedom and Depression LivingNumbers6.626 14 2538 June 4, 2014 at 9:57 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Have you known any atheists which got converted? tor 55 7679 March 20, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: fr0d0