Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Onward Christian Sol... Rapists?
Onward Christian Sol... Rapists?
Reverend rapes young women in a sex camp and still hasn't been found.

Quote:Lindsay Tornambe [now 27] was just 13 years old when she was chosen to be “sacrificed to God,” she remembers. That announcement in July 2000 came from a minister who led an insular faith community that included her family in central Minnesota. As Tornambe sat in the congregation with her parents, she remembers the minister calling out a list of 10 girls for a position of honor. He would later call them “maidens.” Soon, her parents dutifully dropped her off at his isolated camp, where what she now calls a nightmare of sexual abuse went on for about nine years. …
Barnard ruled “like a rock star” over the camp and sexually exploited girls and young women at his whim while they lived apart from their families.

So religion isn't harmful or used for gain, huh? Right. Dodgy
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Onward Christian Sol... Rapists?
So a group of slightly pre-pubecent girls with soft skin and hard bodies called maidens?
Them kneeling naked in a semi-circle, calling for your divine sperm? Their tops pulled half up, their knickers half to their buttocks?
I can see why you would object to that.

It's ok, so long as god punishes him, right?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 19, 2014 at 5:17 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: So religion isn't harmful or used for gain, huh? Right. Dodgy

Man, you are just crying out for the usual No True Scotsman fallacy there. Tongue

So, I'm calling it ahead of time: christians, notice this. Don't employ the fallacy. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 19, 2014 at 5:59 pm)sven Wrote: So a group of slightly pre-pubecent girls with soft skin and hard bodies called maidens?
Them kneeling naked in a semi-circle, calling for your divine sperm? Their tops pulled half up, their knickers half to their buttocks?

From a religious point of view this is considered a tragic situation, but remove religion or any form of moral compass, isn't this called "a good night out" to the average atheist?
(April 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm)Sid Wrote:
(April 19, 2014 at 5:59 pm)sven Wrote: So a group of slightly pre-pubecent girls with soft skin and hard bodies called maidens?

From a religious point of view this is considered a tragic situation, but remove religion or any form of moral compass, isn't this called "a good night out" to the average atheist?

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm)Sid Wrote: isn't this called "a good night out" to the average atheist?

No.

Any more stupid fucking questions?
(April 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm)Sid Wrote: From a religious point of view this is considered a tragic situation, but remove religion or any form of moral compass, isn't this called "a good night out" to the average atheist?

If you removed any form of moral compass which, coincidentally, atheists do not do. We have our own moral code, constructed from things a little more firm and reasonable than "magic man sez not to, not because he dislikes rape, but because he only wants us to have sex when we're married."

As a rather disturbing consequence though, you have inadvertently revealed the fact that you consider the rape of underage girls to be a pleasant thing, and that the only thing stopping you from doing so is that, indeed, magic man is threatening you if you do. We atheists don't consider rape and pedophilia a "good night out," but you clearly do. Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 19, 2014 at 6:22 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(April 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm)Sid Wrote: From a religious point of view this is considered a tragic situation, but remove religion or any form of moral compass, isn't this called "a good night out" to the average atheist?

Aww...

You freid big daddy God gonna punish you? We got lots of baby little momas waiting for you big boy

What an awesome first post. Alluding to atheists being child molestors.

Oh, you're going to be fun.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87843 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7343 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6301 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej