Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our cousins take another smalls step in the Evolution of Intelligence!
Our cousins take another smalls step in the Evolution of Intelligence!
Another win for Chimpanzees! They have been found using Anvils and Cleavers to chop up their food into 'more manageable portions'.

Tool use amongst our cousins is becoming more and more prevalent!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_new...427974.stm
RE: Our cousins take another smalls step in the Evolution of Intelligence!
What I want to know is if damn chimps can learn to size down their food to make it more manageable, why the hell can't humans? I saw some guy yesterday take a bite of his cheesesteak, he must have eaten half in one bite.

Talk about ass backwards.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(December 26, 2009 at 12:38 am)Rhage Wrote: What I want to know is if damn chimps can learn to size down their food to make it more manageable, why the hell can't humans? I saw some guy yesterday take a bite of his cheesesteak, he must have eaten half in one bite.

Talk about ass backwards.

ROFLOL

The majority of people do just that, but food related illness like gluttony will not disappear until we can find a cure for the physical and psychological problems that cause individuals to intake food in such a way. Some people are unfortunately born with such a problem and seem predisposed to continuing their behaviour as if it is their nature and not a choice they consciously make.

I saw a docco on TV a while ago about people who are physically unable to make the link between the need to eat and the desire to eat - they inevitably cannot stop the bad eating habits because the brain-body connection is missing or severely impaired.
next we'll be getting them to talk! cant wait for that, it'll be awesome!
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil
(December 29, 2009 at 8:53 pm)Ashes1995 Wrote: next we'll be getting them to talk! cant wait for that, it'll be awesome!

Talking is off the table afaik, their vocal cords never developed for tonal patters as intricate as required of the ability to talk.
dammit Angry i would have enjoyed being a docter doo little Smile
(December 30, 2009 at 12:41 am)Ashes1995 Wrote: dammit Angry i would have enjoyed being a docter doo little Smile

Learn sign language Smile

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story...d=90516132
(December 29, 2009 at 10:21 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(December 29, 2009 at 8:53 pm)Ashes1995 Wrote: next we'll be getting them to talk! cant wait for that, it'll be awesome!

Talking is off the table afaik, their vocal cords never developed for tonal patters as intricate as required of the ability to talk.

Oh really? Explain this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0

Wink Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Lol, that gorilla has mastered the english language (And also greek!) better than most people I know Tongue ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
teehee ^.^ talking monkey Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAR-T, The big step forward in cancer treatment The Valkyrie 9 1517 August 31, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Correlations between Intelligence & Interest Azu 6 1254 May 8, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Science Takes Another Step To Putting God on Unemployment Minimalist 15 2944 March 15, 2017 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Nonpareil
  What's the Next Step in Evolution for Homo Sapiens? Rhondazvous 58 9895 March 1, 2017 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Intelligence. RozKek 47 4348 April 20, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Intelligence, Consciousness and Soul, oh my; Sy Montgomery's "The Soul of an Octopus" Whateverist 11 2161 February 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Relation Between Memory and Intelligence? Rhondazvous 13 3524 December 15, 2015 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  One step closer to proving abiogenesis? Scientists create "Near-Living Crystal" Ryantology 41 16606 January 31, 2015 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  What could someone take before anesthesia to die? leodeo 4 1234 April 14, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The 5 strangest things evolution left in our bodies. Yahweh 10 3215 November 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)