Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crosses; still effective.
Crosses; still effective.
Quote:An Italian man was crushed to death on Thursday by a giant crucifix dedicated to the late Pope John Paul II, just days before the Polish pontiff will be made a saint in a ceremony at the Vatican.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-Pope.html

I wonder if the hardcore God botherers will stick to their argument and hold God accountable for this. Or, will they join skeptics and realize that this is a tragic accident?

People that believe in an omnipotent and omniscient God have to accept the fact that God thought it was okay to have a replica of himself pull a 100' cross down on someone's skull. The fact that they then worship this prick is beyond me.
RE: Crosses; still effective.
I do feel sorry for the poor guy, but that is funny as fuck!

If it takes several "miracles" attributed to someone to make them a saint, surely some poor bastard being splatted by a cross dedicated to the potential saint counts against him, right?
Dying to live, living to die.
Have you seen the film, 'The Third Miracle'?
This is a highly underestimated movie about a 'miracle murderer' who is sent out to discredit potential saints. Very interesting stuff. I found it captivating.
Too bad it ends on a high note for the Catholic church.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  titanic gawker submersible still missing. Anomalocaris 54 2912 August 2, 2023 at 7:13 am
Last Post: no one
  Still pinching myself over Kamala being VP. Brian37 43 1925 June 8, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  how many of you think this is still about Mr Floyd? Drich 194 14611 July 6, 2020 at 1:28 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  News as surprising as another mass shooting: California ablaze again/still Whateverist 24 2436 November 18, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Racism is still strong down here Losty 15 1311 September 16, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Still Crazy After All These Years..... Minimalist 41 5298 May 31, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kim Jong Un crosses DMZ to meet Moon Jae-In for historic meeting Napoléon 77 10483 May 4, 2018 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  America is still not great Anomalocaris 17 2841 April 17, 2018 at 11:49 am
Last Post: henryp
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2320 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Are atheists still the most hated minority in America? Lebneni Murtad 22 7311 March 31, 2017 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Little lunch