Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing is like... hard.
Drawing is like... hard.
Gotta agonize over how to make the roughs, then you gotta make some more roughs because your roughs weren't awesome enough, and you gotta be super light with the touch until you're ready for the shading in the final... and then you have to scan it before you ink it incase it all goes to shit, and maybe (by some miracle), just maybe: you finish it up and it looks awesome and gritty and gory and I am so glad I picked horror.

It's a lot of work, but actually really kind of fun Smile

Been putting in this effort after tying salvage to the web (and stripping, and hanging, and the construction stuff (holy scary heights)). I haven't played a video game in *weeks*, though the loneliness does lend itself towards pumping oxytocin into my system through happy 'squee-level' adorableness of ze well constructed (usually lezzie) romance... Dodgy

Went out solo in the canoe and broke myself some ice yesterday (had a real hard time making it back to shore... quite a wind), come in and draw some more utterly terrifying nonsense.

So, anyone die?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Drawing is like... hard.
(April 30, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Alice Wrote: So, anyone die?

No one important.

Hi Vae Wink
Drawing was always naturally easy for me. Have not drawn anything in forever, though.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2014 at 3:46 pm)Napoléon Wrote: No one important.

Hi Vae Wink

Good; means I'm not drawing reality: That's great. ^__^

Englishmen wouldn't happen to filed under 'important', yeah?

(April 30, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: Drawing was always naturally easy for me. Have not drawn anything in forever, though.

The level of (stylized, gritty) detail I'm putting in kind of makes it not... easy.

I can trot out a boring face or six in what feels like no time at all. Making the same characters, true to their details from multiple angles, in various (graphic) settings, states of injury, and/or death(?).... is not easy for me, at least Smile

... Human hands... are the devil.

(April 30, 2014 at 3:51 pm)Alice Wrote: Englishmen wouldn't happen to filed under 'important', yeah?

Ouch. Maybe a few?
Hi, Alice. Good to see you back Smile

some inspiration , draw stuff like this(cuz I really like it Tongue) :
[Image: 2n0kaxy.jpg]
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(April 30, 2014 at 6:22 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Ouch. Maybe a few?

Oh, you wouldn't like that. In this story: the important people pretty much all die.

Dead, like. Totally this side of deceased.

Granted: plenty of totally unmentioned people die too... so it really just sucks to be alive these days.

(April 30, 2014 at 5:18 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEASXm45pTs

(April 30, 2014 at 10:56 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Hi, Alice. Good to see you back Smile

some inspiration , draw stuff like this(cuz I really like it Tongue)

Very nice... how do you like the thought of a more... modern.. setting?
(April 30, 2014 at 11:12 pm)Alice Wrote:
(April 30, 2014 at 10:56 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Hi, Alice. Good to see you back Smile

some inspiration , draw stuff like this(cuz I really like it Tongue)

Very nice... how do you like the thought of a more... modern.. setting?

Ancient evil rox , it always looks more evil than modern evil .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
For a very long time, I would draw complete images from the top down, without any rough shapes as a guide. The results were predictably awful, but drawing was fun, so I persevered. At some point the light bulb went off and I understood how to build a drawing from rough shapes and lines, and that opened up a whole new world of possibilities, which has kept me entertained in the ensuing twenty years.
(April 30, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Alice Wrote: So, anyone die?
Matt has died repeatedly, but only figuratively, and only for his own sins.

Welcome back, I missed you.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving On UP....... To hard rock. Brian37 20 1425 October 6, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You fell so hard, didn't you? It hurts; doesn't it? WinterHold 0 321 March 18, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Monsters On Sunday an atheist hard rock band. Brian37 0 500 December 6, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is anyone good at drawing? Losty 17 1912 December 18, 2015 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  Metal and Hard Rock discussion thread Alex K 116 15256 July 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Why it's hard to like stories written in first person BrokenQuill92 6 1960 March 27, 2014 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My latest drawing Eilonnwy 10 2678 June 23, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: tackattack