Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:35 am

Poll: Would you hate this God
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
11 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there was a God, would you hate him?
If there was a God, would you hate him?
The way they depict God or Allah or Whatitsface is so scarily stupid and evil, I would hate Him if I believed he existed. He is rubbish.

What do people think?
RE: If there was a God, would you hate him?
He does seem to be a villainous entity, as far as most modern people would think.

Accepting jesus as your lord and savior, as far as mainstream Christianity goes, means accepting the death of an innocent, to pay for the crimes of the guilty, to save them from infinite torture, for committing finite crimes. Generally saying it's a free gift, that nonetheless requires you to likely change the way you live your life to keep this "free" gift.

Of course there are other Christians that may say different things about what hell is, if it exists, and even if it's eternal. Still, I go by what the mainstream members think. I just can't accept that kind of thing. It doesn't sit well with my conscience.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I cannot answer the question without further information on stated god.

The biblical god is psychotic, tyrannical, and unworthy of acknowledgement.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I would hate and fear him. Like some giant serial killer!
It would depend entirely on the god.

If it is the literal god of the bible, then yes, I would most definitely hate him and request an audience with Satan so that I could join his demonic army.

If it is simply a god that takes no interest at all in the daily goings on of our universe, I probably wouldn't hate him, but I would be interested in why it doesn't seem to give a shit about us.
Would he not be more interested in raping women, just curious that is how he enters earth, i guess he cannot enter otherwise
(May 3, 2014 at 2:07 pm)nogodchick Wrote: The way they depict God or Allah or Whatitsface is so scarily stupid and evil, I would hate Him if I believed he existed. He is rubbish.

What do people think?

I think that's a vague question with a simple view of how many gods there could be to choose from to love or hate. If the god was worthy of worship then of course I wouldn't hate it because it wouldn't have created evil or suffering etc. But if you mean Abrahamic gods, I would still say, No, I wouldn't hate it because I couldn't possible have the free will to hate it since this god pre-planned my hatred to begin with. So it wouldn't even be genuine hate, it would be a puppet show for a celestial Kim Il Sung.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Well, of course I would hate the God of Abraham.

Odd that he's such a prick, though, given how many cultures have managed to invent gods that are perfectly decent, play fair, don't demand that I murder children, etc.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If we're talking about the biblical god then I'd be signing up with Lucifer and telling Yahweh to get bent.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I would hate the god of the bible. He is self centered, and judgmental. That and he is a homocidal maniac.
Love Logic <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 3976 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5530 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10359 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7039 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7257 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  [Serious] If I met Him... zwanzig 54 4418 January 13, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1541 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2541 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3012 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4454 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris