Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Mind Fuck: Why indoctrination is bad
Child Mind Fuck: Why indoctrination is bad
So I was eating at a Vegan restaurant with my family. My children hate "hot sauce" "Chili" actually anything red or they think is chili but they love catsup (spelling on purpose)

So we had fries, and I had chili, and ketchup on my plate.

I dipped my fry in the ketchup and told tried giving it to my youngest, but my older son kept saying "no don't its chili, I saw him put it in the chili"

Anyhow my youngest would not eat it, but after we got him to eat it, he started crying and making a face as if it had been actual chili.

It got me thinking of how indoctrination works in the same way, by getting children to believe something is true and making them truly believe it. Even when it isn't true.
RE: Child Mind Fuck: Why indoctrination is bad
Completely agree. Get them when they know no better and corrupt them. It's an evil tactic. My wife and I use to argue because she wanted to baptize our daughter, and I wouldn't have it. We both agreed we would keep our daughter free from our beliefs and she would not be influenced by being forced into a church. She saw being baptized as a normal tradition that she had to do when she was a kid, and I saw it as forcing religion on our newborn. I won.
RE: Child Mind Fuck: Why indoctrination is bad
(May 9, 2014 at 3:51 pm)Elskidor Wrote: Completely agree. Get them when they know no better and corrupt them. It's an evil tactic. My wife and I use to argue because she wanted to baptize our daughter, and I wouldn't have it. We both agreed we would keep our daughter free from our beliefs and she would not be influenced by being forced into a church. She saw being baptized as a normal tradition that she had to do when she was a kid, and I saw it as forcing religion on our newborn. I won.

I remember you referencing that about your daughter before that is good to hear you kept her from it, my kids because of influences in the family call themselves Christian.

We all know Family Politics and how it can be a warzone.

Anyway I tell my children you can't be a Christian and you can't be Buddhist like your mother and I either, you are too young for religion and too young to understand what it means.

But my mother in law keeps giving the children "Jesus" books, movies, cartoons, religious things, so to fight back I got the children a book of World Religions that shows them that the world believes different things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the fuck even is my life Ahriman 30 1383 August 27, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Foxaèr 8 356 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Inquiring mind seeks guidance from the governing powers. no one 17 966 December 17, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1734 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2245 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 368 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  When The Ever-Loving Fuck Did THIS Become Acceptable?? BrianSoddingBoru4 40 4570 July 17, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 474 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker and Tits Fireball 12 1897 March 17, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1361 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V