Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banning it doesn't stop it!
Banning it doesn't stop it!
Saudi seems to start questioning their faith.

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/12/atheism_...rtner/?upw

Quote:JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia — In this country known as the cradle of Islam, where religion gives legitimacy to the government and state-appointed clerics set rules for social behavior, a growing number of Saudis are privately declaring themselves atheists.

The evidence is anecdotal, but persistent.

“I know at least six atheists who confirmed that to me,” said Fahad AlFahad, 31, a marketing consultant and human rights activist. “Six or seven years ago, I wouldn’t even have heard one person say that. Not even a best friend would confess that to me.”

A Saudi journalist in Riyadh has observed the same trend.

“The idea of being irreligious and even atheist is spreading because of the contradiction between what Islamists say and what they do,” he said.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: Banning it doesn't stop it!
Great to see the enlightenment reach the middle east. The middle east is responsible of some of the world's greatest scientific discoveries, I'd be ecstatic if that culture opened themselves up to the world again.
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

― Mark Twain
They've got to start doing more than studying the fucking koran if they want that.
They would not have any electricity, if the west was gone.

These guys would still be killing each other with swords and bows.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Perfectly acceptable to them, I'm sure.

[Image: sexycamel_zps0b64a5c5.jpg]
Nah, they dont fuck camels that often.

I use to see them fuck goats, sheep, and donkeys on our sky cameras.
^I'd have guessed that based on zoology - camels are mean bastards.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Great humps, though.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Ha!
I would feel sorry for the poor animal. They would be tied down, and a few would go to pound town on poor animal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14883 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5775 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5213 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4628 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17552 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7043 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  A god who doesn't believe in himself? ErikB 6 1748 January 21, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: ErikB
  "God doesn't Exist"- Claim or Conclusion RiddledWithFear 105 18287 December 28, 2016 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "God doesn't Exist just like Unicorns don't Exist?" RiddledWithFear 17 2964 December 21, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  ☢The Theistic Response➼ to Atheists saying, "It Doesn't mean God Did it" The Joker 195 22946 November 24, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia