Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientist ejected by audience after trying to crowd surf at classical music concert
Wink 
Scientist ejected by audience after trying to crowd surf at classical music concert
Quote:A leading scientist was ejected by fellow audience members during a performance of Handel’s Messiah after he took the director’s invitation to “clap and whoop” to the music a step too far by attempting to crowd-surf.

Crowd Surfing At an classical concert.

ROFLOL
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
RE: Scientist ejected by audience after trying to crowd surf at classical music concert
Why is the fact that he's a scientist relevant?
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: Scientist ejected by audience after trying to crowd surf at classical music concert
I like this quote from the article.
"Your free to behave as you like, and it's comforting to think you have that freedom, but it's only available to you if you behave correctly."
Video 

I would like to attend a symphonic performance on occasion, but won't subject myself to the throng of pretentious assholes those events attract.
(June 21, 2014 at 8:48 am)Cato Wrote: I would like to attend a symphonic performance on occasion, but won't subject myself to the throng of pretentious assholes those events attract.

Exactly! You find all kinds of snobs on those concerts. But on an reggae,rock,jazz festivals you meet very cool laid back people.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
Although I do not view the man as being a scientist as relevant to his behavior, I will state that most briliant minds are typically idiosyncratic, especially in relation to many social situations. I do not view it as abnormal, but rather as an interesting and positive personality trait, because the mundane is overrated.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Scientists are generally stigmatized as having no social life, timid and mild-mannered.

Not the rowdy, party crashing, money-grabbing ego-freaks we know some of them are.
I always imagine every one of those symphony performances or operas has as least one Hannibal Lecter in the audience.

Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha!!
(June 21, 2014 at 8:48 am)Cato Wrote: I would like to attend a symphonic performance on occasion, but won't subject myself to the throng of pretentious assholes those events attract.

When I lived in Nevada my son and I would regularly attend performances of the Reno Philharmonic (they were pretty good for such a small city). Yes, there was a surfeit of pretentious assholes at these events, but it's easy enough to ignore them. I say, go to the performances and enjoy the music. Laughing at the stuffed shirts during intermission is just a bonus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3240 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1219 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  I am seriously considering trying this. Brian37 51 1620 May 21, 2021 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 569 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm trying to train a puppy Theswordismyleopard 13 775 August 29, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 712 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2470 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3116 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  I love my after Christmas Kroger points popeyespappy 3 390 January 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1540 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3