Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scripture says we atheists believe in god
scripture says we atheists believe in god
well I was watching an old episode of the atheist experience and I guess theres a reference in the new testament that claims us atheists do in fact believe in the god of the jews. I posted this in the comments, this is what I think of this.

I made this thread in case believers read this, I want to know exactly how can this verse say that I believe a god created everything and he exists, when I have come so far in learning about things in reality, including earth's sciences of different subjects, ive done alot of research on religions, astronomy, neoroscience, and as of this day I'm 99.999999% sure all gods that belong to all past and present religins only ever existed and appeared in the minds of individuals who suffered from illnesses that created the visions. My comment here Ill abbreviate is how I feel and is something I posted on youtube, I thought maybe a believer could explain how I still could feel a god exists when I feel this way about all gods.

"romans 1:20 is a complete fucking lie. the first month, maybee less when I first began to realize what the characters in the bible claimed were bullshit, I was convinced I was atheist but had it in the back of my mind and it bothered me "what if im wrng", and since I believed a god existed for so long somehow I wondered if I was wrong and he was there. But after getting online and going to the library to learn about christianity's and judaism's history, I ended up finding out that for one christianity was most definately a false religion, and all the men in judaism were full of crap with the claim's about reality when they spoke to god, I realized the god of the jews was a fake one. After learning so much about other religions, both older than judaism and newer I discovered a pattern of similarities and further realized how so fake this god thjat was introduced to the western world was. 

For romans to say that it is at least knowledge in the back of people's minds that god exists is just another example of some moron assuming god was taling to him and telling us something that is so true, and in fact that is a lie. I have absolutely no bone left in my body or brain that tells me the god of the hebrews exists, or any other god that superstitious humans so long ago believed in exists. I see humans as creatures that suffer from mental illnesses that cause them to hallucenate these gods up, and gullable humans that dont know medical science and dont know that people who say they have visions are suffering from an illness that causes auditory and visual hallucenations, so being as gullable as humans can be, the rest who dont suffer believe the ill persons are seeing things the rest cannot. This is why only on rare occasions will a single individual in a population see these things whilst the rest dont. This is what you can expect if mental illness like skitzophrania is the case. One individual in a large population will have it and tell everyone else he is seeing spiritual entities that he was already predisposed to because of cultural religious exposure. 

To say "a fool says in his heart there is no god" is a laughable statement, because any religion would teach you that you are a fool if you dont believe in thier brand of god. A person who suffers from this illness who has never been told he had an illness, and never heard of the illness would very likely believe in the visions they are having, and would tell others they are fools for not believing them. Plain and simple, there is good reason why nobody's version of god has ever just appeared to all of us, thats because we created the concept of a god. they never existed, and we are through science finding out about our reality and where things had come from. We dnt know everything, but we know so much enough to put a nail in the coffin that genesis was full of shit, and the men who spoke things like what was written in genesis never seen a real life god in this reality, that all past gods were figmants of human imagination. I do not believe in any god, in any way shape or form, romans 1:20 is a bold face lie. If I could get ahold of the world most accurate lie detector test, ide do it and it wouldnt show absolutely no signs of deception to prove romans is another lie spoke by "men of god" "
RE: scripture says we atheists believe in god
A significant part of the religious indoctrination in many religions deals with such concepts as "us vs. them", "we have special access and you don't" and similar ideas. Darrell Ray discusses this in detail in his book The God Virus.
"Scripture" is only fit for wiping one's ass.  And then, only if they use a high quality paper.
Cthulhu's corollary to Pascal's Wager: What if I've picked the wrong god?
Great early post. Is anyone else besides me smelling a hit and run or sock?
(October 19, 2018 at 9:11 am)android17ak47 Wrote: <snip for brevity>

In seven books it is claimed that platform 9 and ¾ exists at King's Cross station.

King's Cross station exists.

Therefore Harry Potter is true.

This is the level of reasoning exhibited by bible bashers.
Back in the days the term  "atheist" was used to label people who did not believe in one particular god not necessarily one who believed in no gods.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Hah! Why should I give a shit what the Bible says? Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Have you heard the "Atheist Polygraph" story? I hear it at least one time every year and christians swear that it is true. 

https://www.angelsoftruth.com/home/athei...-the-proof

Guess what, it's not true.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=49145
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Polygraph machines banned in '88? They are still in use. The guy is full of shit, and it doesn't help that he "used to be an atheist".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5039 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 9684 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 451654 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. Authari 301 20121 January 27, 2023 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8126 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3388 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2777 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13489 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4048 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2325 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda