Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian bakery owner who won’t make cake for gay marriage
Christian bakery owner who won’t make cake for gay marriage
If I refused to let religious ppl on my train, they would throw a fit!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490

Quote:A Christian bakery owner who refused to make a cake with a slogan supporting gay marriage insists he will not back down, even if he is taken to court.
Ashers Baking Company - based in Northern Ireland and named after a verse in the Bible - has been warned by the Equality Commission that the law does not allow them to turn down an order to bake the cake.
But general manager Daniel McArthur said his company would not be baking the cake under any circumstances, insisting that Christians should be able to apply their beliefs to the day-to-day running of their businesses.
RE: Christian bakery owner who won’t make cake for gay marriage
Too bad for him he's not in 'Murrica. The nazi shits on the SC would back him to the hilt!
(July 8, 2014 at 3:12 pm)StuW Wrote: If I refused to let religious ppl on my train, they would throw a fit!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...paign=1490

Quote:A Christian bakery owner who refused to make a cake with a slogan supporting gay marriage insists he will not back down, even if he is taken to court.
Ashers Baking Company - based in Northern Ireland and named after a verse in the Bible - has been warned by the Equality Commission that the law does not allow them to turn down an order to bake the cake.
But general manager Daniel McArthur said his company would not be baking the cake under any circumstances, insisting that Christians should be able to apply their beliefs to the day-to-day running of their businesses.

Ok let's answer this by parts:
1 - I think he should have to make the cake by a matter of impartiality, if gay marriage is legal you can't refuse to make the cake just because your religion doesn't allow it
2 - I don't think he should have to put a sign supporting gay marriage if his moral conscience is against it.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

[Image: gay.wedding.cake.broken.thinkstock.jpg] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uguXNL93fWg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't Hear From The WLB On This One Minimalist 4 532 September 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  From the cake to the school Foxaèr 5 900 June 17, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  The WLB Won't Be Sucking Macron's Dick Anymore Minimalist 2 427 April 29, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Whoops...We Fucked Up. Why Won't You Help Us? Minimalist 10 1131 March 20, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Gay couples denied full marriage benefits in Texas Aoi Magi 18 2794 December 8, 2017 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Cake Case Revisited Foxaèr 108 26619 October 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here they go again: Christians bash on marriage Fake Messiah 39 6997 September 2, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  No Big Piece Of Chocolate Cake This Time Minimalist 1 540 August 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Uncle Vladdy Won't Like This Minimalist 3 440 July 31, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Yay. We Won! Minimalist 13 3902 July 10, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye