Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well what happens after we die?
Well what happens after we die?
What do you think will be the first thing you see?
RE: Well what happens after we die?
Oblivion.
The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook
A very loud hum, and a bright purple glow, according to Billy Pilgrim.
(July 26, 2014 at 7:19 pm)JohnNelson98 Wrote: What do you think will be the first thing you see?
What do you think will be the first thing you see?

"I" will cease to be, and nothingness can't see.
Can't answer that...very loaded question.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Nothing. I will become a part of the universe. Sounds really nice to me
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Nothing. It's a null. You won't see. You won't think. You won't regret. You won't feel blah. You simply won't, because you won't be. What do you remember before you were born? Same condition, same lack of, well. . . anything.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
The sooner you stop thinking there is something else after death the better off you'll be. The idea of an afterlife is a religious relic.
     I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am now making the move from water to land.
I will see nothing because I will be dead.

There is nothing that is 'me' that will carry on after my physical brain dies. Whatever is 'me' requires a physical brain to exist.

I was in the same state for 14.7 billion years before I was born, I will return to that state after I die.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
We get a burrito of course. Pretty much the same prize the last immortal in Highlander gets if he wins the prize.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dying Well Jamie Boy 34 909 April 8, 2024 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1652 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1454 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Where do we go when we die and are you afraid? Shazzalovesnovels 271 21651 August 6, 2020 at 8:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Backlash after celebrities sing "Imagine" GGG 21 1982 June 22, 2020 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4777 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Explaining What Happens After Death ArtVandelay 36 6688 April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After An Atheist Dies Der/die AtheistIn 85 27900 July 31, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Dropship
  Well that was a short friendship Doubting Thomas 13 1452 January 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Observation after embracing atheism for a year thool 18 3003 July 16, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger