Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After An Atheist Dies
After An Atheist Dies
I was wondering, what if an atheist doesn't want a funeral or other religious practice after he or she (or other pronouns) dies? Is there any nonreligious practice with dead bodies?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: After An Atheist Dies
Why not donate your organs and then your body for research
In my trust is harvest organs, donate body to science, then cremation. After that I don't care, I won't be there.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

But for real, you can ask to be cremated and have your ashes spread at your favorite park, or donate your body to one of those forensic science institutes so they can use your body to test out new investigation equipment..or..there's like a million other things that your body can be used for. As for the 'non-religious' part - you can put in your will or ask your relatives not to do anything religious, but you can't really stop them from saying a prayer over you or having a memorial service in a church since..y'know, you'll be kaput.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'm anticipating being tough and stringy, still, if anyone is peckish . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Religious don't always want a service. My father's wish, before he died was to be cremated and have his ashes scattered over a golf course. He didn't want a service at all. So we didn't give him one. He went straight from the VA nursing home (he was 57) to the funeral parlor and then to be cremated. Came back four days later inside a ziploc bag (yes... he was in a baggie), which was inside a velvet draw string bag, which was inside a small wooden box.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I want my kids to throw a big motherfuckin party when I die.  I'm talkin blackout drunkeness, noise complaints in the woods, and people getting knocked up.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 19, 2017 at 9:59 am)Khemikal Wrote: I want my kids to throw a big motherfuckin party when I die.  I'm talkin blackout drunkeness, noise complaints in the woods, and people getting knocked up.

unusual depravity, even by Japanese standards ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

They'll have to find my body first. I'm planning the greatest game of hide and seek ever!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 19, 2017 at 10:12 am)Jesster Wrote: They'll have to find my body first. I'm planning the greatest game of hide and seek ever!

Just make sure you have your Where's Waldo shirt on.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1635 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1434 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Backlash after celebrities sing "Imagine" GGG 21 1974 June 22, 2020 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4752 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Explaining What Happens After Death ArtVandelay 36 6668 April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Observation after embracing atheism for a year thool 18 2997 July 16, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happiness level after embracing atheism thool 116 9775 February 13, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  After Months Of Procrastination LivingNumbers6.626 12 2196 September 17, 2014 at 10:37 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Well what happens after we die? JohnNelson98 54 9177 August 16, 2014 at 7:28 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Life after death? CindysRain 280 41761 July 20, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Jenny A