Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's A Guy Who Sacrificed.....
Here's A Guy Who Sacrificed.....
The other thread about the phony jesus sacrifice just happened to coincide with this article in The Daily Kos, today.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/01...ng-the-NSA

Quote:Snowden is beating the NSA

Snowden actually did sacrifice much to alert us to the danger of NSA spying and it appears that the shit is really going to hit the fan next week when another damning report is issued.

Anytime a fucking sleaze like Dick Cheney calls you a traitor you are doing something right.
RE: Here's A Guy Who Sacrificed.....
Sacrifice? I think not. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Chuck him out, the brute!''
But it's ``Saviour of 'is country,'' when the guns begin to shoot;
Yes it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool--you bet that Tommy sees!
Quote:Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Bullshit.

They are spying on us in the guise of "protecting" us. Major difference.
(August 2, 2014 at 6:28 pm)Hunafae!i Wrote: Sacrifice? I think not. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Chuck him out, the brute!''
But it's ``Saviour of 'is country,'' when the guns begin to shoot;
Yes it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool--you bet that Tommy sees!

You completely and utterly missed Kipling's point, I think. He was writing about the maltreatment of soldiers, not about the eagerness of chicken hawks to wage unwinnable, unjustifiable wars.

And Kipling would have been among the first to praise Snowden for exposing illegal surveillances on private citizens.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Almost equally as important to democracy as Snowden revealing the ultra-pervasive, global surveillance conducted by the USG and her allies almost completely in the dark is the fact that he demonstrated for future whistle blowers 1) how to play the press and 2) how to evade a life sentence/death.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
He's certainly smarter than Manning.
He indeed gave up - well, pretty much everything except his life.

Perhaps some day he'll get a presidential pardon, but given the likely candidates in the foreseeable future, I doubt that will happen.
And now Cheney's dumb cunt daughter... the turd didn't drop far from the asshole in that family....is pissed at Obama for calling torturers "torturers."

Fuck that whole family.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/02/li...1-torture/
It's easy to claim you didn't torture anyone when you have leashed lawyers and order them to create a definition of torture that specifically excludes what you did. 'Heroes' me arse. People who conducted 'enhanced interrogation' are no better than cops who beat false confessions out of suspects.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ah yes transparency. We should know everything, all of the time. We who are resonable, considered, prudent and always fair. Pff. I myself am glad of at least one thing from wiki leaks, that the Government fuck's up all the time and is extremely reluctant to admit it. They should be on their toe's. I am not ok however, with exposing people who toil with great personal risk to themselves and family, in places where praying the wrong way gets you shot, or where being the wrong flavour means you end in in jail indefinitely.
I have read Ian Cobain's 'Cruel Britannia', if you have not, I urge you to do so. Read 'What's Left?: How Liberals Lost Their Way', and 'You Can't Read This Book: Censorship in an Age of Freedom', by Nic Cohen. Sensible minds, in an ocean of mire.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep;

I pity, nay I castigate all those that avow we are controlled by neo con's and big business. Democracy takes work, get to it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 723 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Same guy? onlinebiker 10 715 May 27, 2022 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 817 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2613 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Did nobody teach this guy to read? Brian37 29 2791 January 10, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3166 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  This Guy Avenatti Is Good! Minimalist 0 281 May 8, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White Guy Self-Identifies as Filipino Woman Neo-Scholastic 190 26717 November 23, 2017 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  At Least They Named It For The Right Guy Minimalist 4 891 July 28, 2016 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Guy locked-up forever for forgetting his password. Jehanne 55 4639 June 26, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne