Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 11:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A litle birdie told me- we asked to be here
A litle birdie told me- we asked to be here
A very interesting concept. Goes like this:

We were all little spirits around the throne of God in Heaven.
Having been created out of the Spirit of God.
Spirit beings.
We asked to be sent to earth ( to be made into a person).
In response, the Father said, "It is a wicked place, full of evil ".

We begged to go, saying, "I will not fail you" and other such confident statements. So Father said OK.
And here we are.
RE: A litle birdie told me- we asked to be here
Yet more reason not to talk to birds, I suppose.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Aaw, sweet. Here's what I think you should do. Set it to music. Record it to mp3. Then delete it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 3, 2014 at 10:32 am)professor Wrote: A very interesting concept.

You and I have very different opinions on what an interesting concept is.
What if we were created by several gods, and one of them was quite wicked and tried to kill us all, so the other gods trapped her in the underworld before leaving earth to play across the universe in other worlds? This desire for not wanting to be alone led us to begin worshiping a god, yet unknown to us we have been worshiping this evil goddess of the underworld, that only grows more and more powerful the more people blindly worship her. In time she will be strong enough to free herself from the prison the other gods made for her and she will strike back in furious vengeance against us all.
(August 3, 2014 at 10:32 am)professor Wrote: A very interesting concept. Goes like this:

We were all little spirits around the throne of God in Heaven.
Having been created out of the Spirit of God.
Spirit beings.
We asked to be sent to earth ( to be made into a person).
In response, the Father said, "It is a wicked place, full of evil ".

We begged to go, saying, "I will not fail you" and other such confident statements. So Father said OK.
And here we are.
I tried thinking of something "nice" to say but the only thing that I came up with is - This is nonsense.
You might want to find another little birdie to listen to.
MANY people have failed Him and, Revelation predicts that MANY more WILL fail Him - and I'm NOT talking about people of other religious beliefs or those of no religious beliefs.
There's nothing more cloying than sentimental Christians who try to be cute. Stop that! I'll take fire and brimstone over that any day.
I wish I was special
So fucking special
This must have happened to you a lot.

[Image: bird_poop_kid.jpg]
Heh. What is a spirit?

How does a spirit work?

How can a spirit be created?

What is a spirit made of?

Do we have any evidence spirits exist in the first place?
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 804 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 735 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God mainethinker 266 41052 January 18, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Weird things theists have told you Strider 95 16016 January 9, 2015 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Open to all-would you sacrifice your child if god told you to? vodkafan 166 24814 August 7, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Atheist questions on Islam (Most Asked) peacemaker 0 1347 May 2, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: peacemaker
  When I am asked Why I have a problem with Religion, Its hard to come out with a single answer. Gooders1002 11 3236 April 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Zeitgeist - The Greatest Story Ever Told DiRNiS 12 5911 August 8, 2010 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  How would you respond to a person killing someone else because God told him to? superstarr 53 22245 July 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet