Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retired Pastor's Autobiography and detailed abuse by organized relgion.
Retired Pastor's Autobiography and detailed abuse by organized relgion.
So my dad who is a retire pastor is writing an autobiography of sorts. A lot of it detailing the struggles of being a minister in organized religion and the effects it has had on his family. This book should expose the a ton of hypocritical, greedy, and down right bad people with in religion. The key point being is to basically shed light on a known, but not spotlighted issue.

I am wondering what avenue he can go about publishing. I pointed him to secular sources since they are against religious abuse, which this should bust that shell open even more. I am just trying to help him out.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Retired Pastor's Autobiography and detailed abuse by organized relgion.
If he's not interested in the money he can self-publish it, through Amazon for example.
That is a good suggestion, I really hope what he went through gets traction because not often a pastor comes forward.

Better to publish conventionally if possible, just because unless your Dad is already a well known author, he's more likely to get read that way. Smile

There are a bunch of publishers who've handled books like your Dad's. I have Leaving the Fold, Testimonies of Former Fundamentalists, by Edward T. Babinski on my shelves. It's published my Prometheus. A quick Amazon search will pop-up a bunch more traditionally published ex-pastor memoirs.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Thanks, yea it is good to see some other pastors come forward. He was a Methodist pastor, and lets just say suffer abuses that not only cost him and his wife's health but a substantial monetary cost. I cannot stress how much I despise the Western concept of organized religion, even more so when they down right abuse with out any civil accountability.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Substance Abuse Recovery Thread Thumpalumpacus 223 19924 November 15, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Sex abuse: Denmark vs. USA Aractus 7 6561 October 13, 2015 at 4:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The legal criminal enterprise that is tax exempt: organized religion 4moola 2 710 August 29, 2015 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Pastor Stephen Anderson wants non-heterosexuals dead. IanHulett 44 8120 July 15, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Man rams church, chases down pastor, beats him to death with electric guitar... Tino 9 2514 October 31, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Abuse StatCrux 8 4122 May 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Lulzsec retired? Jax 5 1337 June 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The Pastor and Formspring Darwinian 1 968 June 30, 2010 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  Admin Abuse The_Flying_Skeptic 34 8507 May 3, 2010 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy