Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The legal criminal enterprise that is tax exempt: organized religion
The legal criminal enterprise that is tax exempt: organized religion
This is about the real face of organized religion: their indifference towards anything that doesn’t bring them money. 

A few weeks ago a buddy of mine suggested that I should contact religious institutions to see if they’d contribute to a project I designed to save kids and pets lives. My kneejerk reaction, “No way, I’d never dive that low, you know I’m an atheist and I despise religion.” His answer: “If your desire to save lives is less important than your hate for religion, then don’t do it.”

So I agreed to go for it just as an experiment in 2% of the area he suggested (Texas only out of 50 states) and a limited number of churches: 50 out of the many hundreds that are in this state.

This is the text I sent them (it was in the context of a kid – trapped in a hot car -- that just died of heatstroke in Austin):

“Two days ago another child, trapped in a hot car, was baked alive in Texas, right here in Austin.

www.never4get.us (Never Forget Us!) is an inexpensive solution that anybody can afford. It’s high time to stop just doing the body count of kids and pets being baked alive every year and implement an intelligent solution. 

As an Austinite I’d love if this product would be “Made in Texas”. Texas is a state with great universities, minds and entrepreneurs, but, unfortunately – although it is not the largest, or most populous or hottest US state -- it is the US state with the most heatstroke deaths of children forgotten in vehicles, which is an inadmissible black eye for this great state.

I recently created this page: https://www.youcaring.com/never4get to try to stop the slaughter of our kids and pets and with the help of the good Christians of this great state it will happen. Any contribution and/or share can help save a precious life.”

And you guessed it right: Not one answer from the brave believers!

You can mention this experiment if you want to make a point in your debates.

NOTE that this is in no way some attempt to fund my project on this forum but if some of you feel like tossing a few bucks then please mention that you’re an atheist (the site will allow you to comment) so we’ll score another big (and quite relevant, given the circumstances) point against the plague that is organized religion. 
RE: The legal criminal enterprise that is tax exempt: organized religion
You should rename yourself to 4moochla. Money grubbing bastard.
RE: The legal criminal enterprise that is tax exempt: organized religion
Soooo, you come here to an atheist forum with promises of baked children... Are you implying something, you know - about atheist eating babies? Because that's a very harmful stereotype.

And anyway, what kind of an atheist would forget about a child - don't we all have timers on our ovens?

As for baked pets - haven't tried that yet. Do you have samples?

Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn’t weed legal everywhere? Fake Messiah 6 501 July 24, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A fair tax rate onlinebiker 57 2370 October 11, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Russian criminal culture purplepurpose 0 216 December 10, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
Big Grin Happy Tax Day! John V 18 3534 April 17, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Really need advice regarding my Landlord not paying Property Tax MJ the Skeptical 34 6823 June 19, 2015 at 11:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Retired Pastor's Autobiography and detailed abuse by organized relgion. bladevalant546 4 947 August 5, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: bladevalant546
  CliffsNotes Version of Big Problem with American Legal System festive1 0 937 August 8, 2013 at 8:38 am
Last Post: festive1
  Well...after 7 years ...for Legal Reasons... KichigaiNeko 47 17231 May 31, 2012 at 10:11 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Bill gates on tax. 5thHorseman 12 3975 January 28, 2012 at 1:00 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Quadriplegic hunter wins legal fight, takes aim Rhizomorph13 5 3150 December 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Meatball