Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt
The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt
I mean the fact that someone actually may have said this, of course:

[Image: 10254012_10152657242859866_8997033645953734627_n.jpg]

Makes the skeptical person read ancient texts in a new light, ya know?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt
I would think Allah will be pissed when he hears of this.
RE: The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt
It's Allah bunch of nonsense.
My God can beat up your God.

na na na boo boo !!
Yeah, that's just what I thought as well. It'd be so childish if people weren't dying.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
This kind of thing makes me sick... who underlines the text in a headline?
~
The only difference between belief in God and belief in Santa Claus is that eventually people stop telling you Santa Claus is real.
~
I'm assuming that World News is someone's equivalent of The National Inquirer?
(August 12, 2014 at 6:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm assuming that World News is someone's equivalent of The National Inquirer?

Like I said, I don't know if the quote is actually genuine or not, but that it wouldn't really surprise anyone if it was, is quite troubling enough.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Maybe it's some War-op agit-prop ??

Get the enemy doubting God is on their side kind of thing ??

Heck, it could trigger an intramural riot at a bad time.
(August 12, 2014 at 6:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm assuming that World News is someone's equivalent of The National Inquirer?
It was an article from the Daily Telegraph (in their World News section); the bastion press of the Conservative and Middle-Englander in the UK.

...far more in common with the National Inquirer than they would like to admit.
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 7964 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2729 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 17027 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Sometimes it's hard for me to shut up about my atheism Der/die AtheistIn 23 5289 August 15, 2017 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Islam is not a Religion, but a..... Omnisofos 41 12603 June 23, 2017 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Regina
  Doubt in disbelief snerie 63 8403 January 27, 2017 at 11:31 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Explaining the fact that we exist OttoVonKerpen 84 11144 November 5, 2016 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  When it becomes a fact? _Velvet_ 14 2710 October 10, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fact, every single german nazi was a christian Deepthunk 249 61387 August 16, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Evidence and causes for doubt LadyForCamus 43 7757 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah