Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam is not a Religion, but a.....
Islam is not a Religion, but a.....
...."Facist Doctrine"

As an Atheist I regard ALL religions as fairytales and utter nonsense. Childish even. But since years living in Amsterdam in a (almost) Sharia neighbourhood, I believe Islam is not a religion but something else. A Nazi-style doctrine. It is not comparable with modern Christianity or e.g. Hinduism.

Almost all Islamic countries (except for example Indonesia and Turkey) do NOT have a clear "atheistic" separation between Religion and State in their constitution, like we have in the West. Christianity has been nullified ages ago. The Church has no political power, ofc they have influence in the West. This especially means Islam in most Islamic countries do not have a modern side or more "enlightened" side, it is just The Quran and the word of Allah. Perhaps some minor Islamic groups (alevi's) are less extreme, but most live exactly by the book, also in the modern world.

Claiming this about Islam in Holland or Europe is relativly easy and everybody knows what I mean. Claiming this in the US, or a US based forum, always brings up weird American replies, like: we should treat all religions the same, or ofc Islam is a religion, are you fking retard.....etc?

But why should we treat all religions the same just because they ARE religions ?
RE: Islam is not a Religion, but a.....
There is a strong movement in the U.S. for a Christian take over of the government. This is no less fascist than Sharia.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Impossible. It goes against US constitution.
(June 14, 2017 at 6:51 am)Omnisofos Wrote: Impossible. It goes against US constitution.

So is racial discrimination but it happens.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

yes Islam in its core is POLITICAL doctrine from its origins
it differs from other religions I agree!
I think it depends on where people live as to their attitude.

I live and work around mainly Pakistani Muslims.  So obviously I've seen the best and worst of that culture, while where I live Christian culture doesn't exist much beyond a few chavs who get a Jesus tattoo even though the bible says not to get tattoos.  And there's the odd church.

The Christians where I live just don't stay indoctrinated much beyond the age of around 10.  Whereas even teenagers, usually the most rebellious age group, stay fairly well indoctrinated in Islamic, Pakistani communities. Just thinking about it now, I don't think I've met an atheist or even slightly doubtful Pakistani, Indian or Bengali before in my life.

Where I work the Muslims believe in the death penalty for homosexuality. There's no hostility by them towards homosexuals in the work place, they just believe that the correct punishment is death in an ideal society. There's been the child grooming/gang rape cases all over the UK involving pakistani gangs.  And there's been a fair bit of violence towards people of other races and religions who aren't Pakistani or Muslim.  That seems to have calmed down now over the years, at least in my area.

But I do probably live in a specific type of area in the UK.  There's probably other people who live in the UK on here who might not even see many Muslims on a day to day basis. 

But that's just where I live. I'd be willing to bet that there's crazy violent Christians elsewhere.  I've seen documentaries about America's more religious areas and I'll bet it can be rough living as an atheist there.

So me living in this part of the north west in the UK, and you living in the part of Amsterdam you live in, we might both have valid worries about Islam.  But to an American or someone who lives perhaps in the countryside in the UK, these worries will seem irrelevant to their life.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(June 14, 2017 at 7:05 am)dilmoona Wrote: yes Islam in its core is POLITICAL doctrine from its origins
it differs from other religions I agree!
All religions get political. Islam is no different. It is a religion which has political implications and makes political recommendations.

But it is a religion, not a political doctrine.

If it involves a sky fairy, it's a religion. But not all religions need a sky fairy.
Most go for the afterlife carrot, so yeah, there's a bloke in the sky who grants it, apparently.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 14, 2017 at 6:51 am)Omnisofos Wrote: Impossible. It goes against US constitution.

So does the words "in God we trust", which is clearly printed on our money and in some cases, on police vehicles in certain towns/states.
So does the words "one nation under God", which is clearly said in our pledge of allegiance.

A lot of things go against our constitution. Doesn't stop them from happening though.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Computers have been converted to Islam religion! AVMXF 40 2538 August 20, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4674 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 7515 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4029 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2249 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Science and Religion not in direct conflict? maestroanth 26 5018 December 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  UK - Christianity declining, Atheism rising, but so is Islam... TheMessiah 45 12987 June 15, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  What am I atheist or what but not theist? myrobot 13 3234 March 29, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  The more troubling fact is not that this may be genuine, but that it's hard to doubt Mudhammam 16 5013 August 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  "I'm a Christian but I don't believe in religion." swata224 65 29134 August 5, 2014 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda