Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeopathy for ebola
Homeopathy for ebola
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2014/0...ike-adams/

Yes friends, homeopathy has the answer
Quote: How to Make Your Own Ebola Remedy

What you need:

A face mask and glovesTwo bottles (50 ml up to 500 ml glass or plastic bottles) with capsClean water (mineral or tap water)An Ebola sample: some spit or other disease product, such as blood, from a person infected with Ebola, or who is suspected sick with it. Any small quantity will do, even a pinhead.An alcoholic liquid, such as whisky, brandy, rum, etc.Half an hour of your time.

Procedure:

Fill the bottle with water, leaving about 20% space at the top.Place the Ebola sample in the water in the bottle.Close the top of the bottle with the cap.Hold the bottle and strike it hard against a solid surface, such as a large book, 40 times.Pour out the contents of the bottle.Refill the bottle with water (the fluid remaining on the inside surface of the bottle will serve as the next Ebola sample).Repeat steps 3 to 6 a total of 30 times.

Storage:

Pour the bottle solution into another bottle—your stock bottle.Add 10% by volume of the alcoholic liquid (whisky, brandy, etc.) as a preservative.Store in a place away from sunlight and electronic equipment.

Using this stock bottle, you can supply the Ebola remedy to as many people you want. With one drop from the stock bottle as an Ebola sample you can produce another stock bottle to give to someone else. Instead of the original Ebola sample you used above to make the original stock bottle, you use a drop from the first stock bottle. This process can be carried out ad infinitum, supplying a whole city, etc., if needed.

Personally I think we should form a fund to fly these people out there so they can work with the sick and make their "cures". Money well spent to chlorinate the gene pool!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Homeopathy for ebola
Its mostly morbid curiosity but I wonder how many homeopathy advocates would suddenly change their minds when faced with something like Ebola.
Wow that's even dumber than what I expected. Is this typical of homeopathy?
Homeopathy may not be the answer to Ebola, it sure will be a resounding answer to the problem of people who would believe homeopathy can be a solution for Ebola.
(August 16, 2014 at 10:00 am)whateverist Wrote: Wow that's even dumber than what I expected. Is this typical of homeopathy?
Yep. At what point can we get some malpractice suits levied at homeopaths? They pretend to be "doing medicine" - after all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Always thought it would be fun to solicit grant proposals from people wanting money for whatever, and award money according to homeopathic principles.

Oh, look, someone needs $35,000 to set up a new business. Well let's present them a check for $5.17 and make a REALLY big deal out of it. Newspaper coverage, alert the local TV stations, get a giant check made out. Really whoop it up!
Intelligence in homeopathic quantities ??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(August 16, 2014 at 10:07 am)Chuck Wrote: Homeopathy may not be the answer to Ebola, it sure will be a resounding answer to the problem of people who would believe homeopathy can be a solution for Ebola.

Wouldn't that be nice? Sadly, and I speak from personal experience here, people who take every opportunity to rubbish mainstream medicine are still perfectly happy to avail themselves of that medicine when it suit them!

(August 16, 2014 at 10:00 am)whateverist Wrote: Wow that's even dumber than what I expected. Is this typical of homeopathy?

Ooooh, yes. And worse.

Let me introduce you to matthias rath
http://www.badscience.net/2009/04/matthi...#more-1088

The most loathsome reptile of a human you may ever choose to meet. Here is a man who successfully convinced governments in Africa that his vitamin supplements cured aids whilst antiretrovirals made it worse. It's a longish read but worth it if you want to know the depths to which humanity can sink.
Sith code
(August 16, 2014 at 1:36 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(August 16, 2014 at 10:07 am)Chuck Wrote: Homeopathy may not be the answer to Ebola, it sure will be a resounding answer to the problem of people who would believe homeopathy can be a solution for Ebola.

Wouldn't that be nice? Sadly, and I speak from personal experience here, people who take every opportunity to rubbish mainstream medicine are still perfectly happy to avail themselves of that medicine when it suit them!

Ooooh, yes. And worse.

The most loathsome reptile of a human you may ever choose to meet. Here is a man who successfully convinced governments in Africa that his vitamin supplements cured aids whilst antiretrovirals made it worse. It's a longish read but worth it if you want to know the depths to which humanity can sink.

Whoa, my sister is always recommending vitamin supplements and seems almost paranoid in her suspicion toward western medicine. So now I wonder if that rath is an outlier low life in the homeopath trade and if there are any which do anyone any good at all.
(August 16, 2014 at 10:11 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(August 16, 2014 at 1:36 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Wouldn't that be nice? Sadly, and I speak from personal experience here, people who take every opportunity to rubbish mainstream medicine are still perfectly happy to avail themselves of that medicine when it suit them!

Ooooh, yes. And worse.

Whoa, my sister is always recommending vitamin supplements and seems almost paranoid in her suspicion toward western medicine. So now I wonder if that rath is an outlier low life in the homeopath trade and if there are any which do anyone any good at all.
Couple of things. Firstly we ought to separate traditional homeopathy (vis, water) from "naturopathic" medicine which also includes vitamins and shiz. The later are conceivable plausible as having a therapeutic effect on the basis that even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. The former are pure placebo.

But as to do they do any good at all? I'd have to say yes. In the West we suffer from overmedicalisation. People see purely normal variants and processes as medical, and if it's medical they need a medical cure. And of course once you're in the medical system, you think of yourself as a sick person, which often makes matters worse.
Enter the woo merchants, who do a Stirling job keeping people who are not really sick out of my office! And of course placebos, for some conditions, gave a bloody good success rate.
So yes, some of them do some good. The problem comes when they start getting their hooks into genuinely sick people who really NEED real medicine.
One of my favourite studies was on chronic low back pain, comparing acupuncture, sham acupuncture and control groups. It showed a 40.%improvement in the sham acupuncture group. 40% is HUGE. For that, they can take all the vitamins they like! For Ebola, cancer etc, no.
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia Declares Homeopathy "dangerous 'pseudoscience' that does not work" FatAndFaithless 58 14469 February 12, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Ebola vaccine looks promising abaris 9 2968 August 2, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Homeopathy found "Worthless" Paul the Human 9 4310 April 23, 2010 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Homeopathy Eilonnwy 31 8200 November 18, 2009 at 2:24 am
Last Post: theVOID