Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeopathy found "Worthless"
Homeopathy found "Worthless"
It's official.

Center For Inquiry Wrote:Homeopathy was invented around 1796 by a doctor named Samuel Hahnemann. He believed that homeopathic medicines become more effective the more they are diluted. Homeopathic solutions are often so literally watered-down that they don't contain a single molecule of the original medicine or substance: the patient is drinking nothing but water.

Center For Inquiry Wrote:The Government acknowledges there is no evidence that homeopathy works beyond the placebo effect (where a patient gets better because of their belief in the treatment). The Committee concurred with the Government that the evidence base shows that homeopathy is not efficacious and that explanations for why homeopathy would work are scientifically implausible....
Entire Article --> Here.
RE: Homeopathy found "Worthless"
Homoeopathy is available on the NHS, the British public is literally paying taxes to give people water as a treatment.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(April 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm)Shinylight Wrote: Homoeopathy is available on the NHS, the British public is literally paying taxes to give people water as a treatment.

That's retarded. Though I still think your healthcare system is better than ours. In ours, homeopathy might be covered by your insurance while a real treatment would not be... and either way, you can barely afford the insurance at all.
(April 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm)Shinylight Wrote: Homoeopathy is available on the NHS, the British public is literally paying taxes to give people water as a treatment.

There is actually a homeopathic hospital! Near Great Ormand street.

My mum actually believes it, its really annoying, lol Smile
(April 22, 2010 at 2:40 pm)Paul the Human Wrote:

That's retarded. Though I still think your healthcare system is better than ours. In ours, homeopathy might be covered by your insurance while a real treatment would not be... and either way, you can barely afford the insurance at all.

I think what Obama is trying to do is brilliant but apparently the Religious Right think it will bring the downfall of the country, is that correct?

That does appear to be what they think. The Conservative movement here has gone to the extreme right in response to being beaten so soundly in the last elections. They have gone out of their way to get the ignorant, the religious, and all those who fear change, scared to death of the impending communism and tyrannical death squads. Those people scare me and they aren't a small minority by any means.

(EDIT: I'm beginning to think this was not the right forum for this.)
Nah. What they think is that Obama is black so anything he does is bad.
(April 22, 2010 at 4:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nah. What they think is that Obama is black so anything he does is bad.

We should kidnap Bill O'reilly and make him black somehow

(April 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm)darkwolf176 Wrote: There is actually a homeopathic hospital! Near Great Ormand street.

Is it anything like this?

Homeopathic AE

I know a person within the health care sector who believes in homeopathy. I'm surprised that she even got the job since she's the only one at that place who believes in that kind of woo.
"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought." - Graham Greene
"So forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here today." - Lawrence Krauss
(April 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm)Shinylight Wrote: I think what Obama is trying to do is brilliant but apparently the Religious Right think it will bring the downfall of the country, is that correct?

If he had said he was going to spend the money on new weapon systems he would have been

feted as a great president.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Crocoduck" found. The Valkyrie 7 1991 December 8, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 851 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  99 million Year Old Bird Transition Found Amarok 14 5333 June 9, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Russia Declares Homeopathy "dangerous 'pseudoscience' that does not work" FatAndFaithless 58 14450 February 12, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber! Simon Moon 84 14781 December 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6278 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6570 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Homeopathy for ebola Jacob(smooth) 14 2721 August 17, 2014 at 9:12 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Have we found the Thing? L.A.F. 5 2144 April 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA Annik 13 9893 July 2, 2012 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist