Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I am new.
Hi, I am new.
Not sure what is usually said in one of the introduction type posts. Kinda feels like the new kid in class having to stand up front and tell everybody his name. I've never held a belief in a god or gods that I can accurately recall, I never prayed and wasn't raised in a religious or spiritual household. My mother did keep penys and some odd book that purported to find meaning in them but that was short lived. I suppose that was my only real experience with mystism in my personal life.

I found my way here because I've begun to grow concerned about the rhetoric of the Christian right. I hope to reach a better understanding of what self identified atheists regard as their dealing with a religious world and generally observe and participate in reasoned debate.

Thanks.
RE: Hi, I am new.
Welcome

We have Chocolate...
[Image: NeilTysonOriginsA-Crop_400x400.jpg]
Vanilla...
[Image: BillMaher_direct.jpg]
And Strawberry...
[Image: BABY_STRAWBERRY_Wallpaper_q3og4.jpg]
Wow, meaning in pennies? That's a new one. I'd like to know more.
god is supposed to be imaginary
No one ever considers the christian left... why?!?!?!?!

Welcome and enjoy the forum!
(August 19, 2014 at 4:09 am)stonedape Wrote: Wow, meaning in pennies? That's a new one. I'd like to know more.

I'll ask her about the book and get back to you. I don't think it was penny specific, that's just what she used.
(August 19, 2014 at 5:33 am)pocaracas Wrote: No one ever considers the christian left... why?!?!?!?!
Because they are compatible with secular humanism.
god is supposed to be imaginary
Also the strawberry is a little freaky, is that intended?
"I'm thick." - Me
(August 19, 2014 at 6:02 am)Goosebump Wrote: Also the strawberry is a little freaky, is that intended?

I agree. No idea what the hell that is.

Anyway, welcome to forum Goosebump. You're allowed to sit down now Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Thanks, my legs are tired.
"I'm thick." - Me
Welcome to the forum. Welcome

PS: I don't like god either.
Diablo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New New New Quid 23 4799 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman