Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Keep Wondering
I Keep Wondering
how many times we will fall for the same line of bullshit?

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/n.../14550559/

Quote:WASHINGTON – The Islamic State presents the greatest terrorist threat to Americans since 9/11, and fighting it will take more than airstrikes in Iraq, according to a top member of Congress and a retired four-star general.

And I keep coming up with the same answer. Every time.

Quote:“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty and there is nothing to fear from them then he is always stirring up some war or other in order that the people may require a leader.”

― Plato

It's an old formula.
RE: I Keep Wondering
(August 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: how many times we will fall for the same line of bullshit?

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/n.../14550559/

Quote:WASHINGTON – The Islamic State presents the greatest terrorist threat to Americans since 9/11, and fighting it will take more than airstrikes in Iraq, according to a top member of Congress and a retired four-star general.

And I keep coming up with the same answer. Every time.

Quote:“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty and there is nothing to fear from them then he is always stirring up some war or other in order that the people may require a leader.”

― Plato

It's an old formula.

My bold. Tells you all you need to know.
Yeah - this, too.

Quote:Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas,
The execution of James Foley will probably make this a popular opinion in the US.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Not so far. FOX and the rest of the corporate media will probably have to start beating the drums louder.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/will-isla...1408984689

Quote:When Americans were asked in the most recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll early this month whether they were satisfied with the level of U.S. involvement in dealing with the threat from the Islamic State, or instead thought America should be more or less involved, 30% thought America should be more involved, a sentiment that was far more prevalent among Republicans than Democrats. But the most striking finding in the survey was that the largest share of Americans—a full 40%—said they didn't know enough to have a view.
Threat? What 'threat' do they pose that would justify more intervention in the region?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I do not see it as a conspiracy as much as greed in the global market feed those conditions. Need to localize industry and break up global monopolies. Start with oil, banks and weapons.
(August 25, 2014 at 7:03 pm)rasetsu Wrote: Threat? What 'threat' do they pose that would justify more intervention in the region?

Obviously, it's the threat of people living in ways our oligarchs disapprove of.
Has America ever NOT being involved in some military conflict at any time, ever?
There's no money in peace.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Its either that, Iggy, or we just can't stop fucking with people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They keep saying the quiet parts out loud LadyForCamus 4 609 May 26, 2022 at 12:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How to keep Republicans away from the polls Foxaèr 3 560 October 26, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1855 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1168 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why keep a vice president around, who was appointed by someone worthy of impeachment? Chad32 26 3654 December 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are you wondering why the State Department is so supine in the face of dismemberment? GUBU 2 866 March 22, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Rioters Beware! Keep Your Protests Peacful A Theist 88 22435 February 18, 2017 at 7:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  In Case You're Wondering Why Minimalist 0 583 April 12, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Keep Dying Out Jesus Freaks Minimalist 10 1705 November 24, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade. Brakeman 6 1718 May 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Brakeman