Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rioters Beware! Keep Your Protests Peacful
Rioters Beware! Keep Your Protests Peacful
"North Dakota lawmaker's bill protects drivers who negligently hit someone obstructing traffic"
Quote:A lawmaker in North Dakota sponsored a bill that would reportedly protect drivers who inadvertently hit pedestrians blocking traffic.

The Star Tribune reported Monday that the legislation is a response to protests at Standing Rock Indian Reservation, and sponsored by state Rep. Keith Kempenich, R-Bowman.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...affic.html

A similar bill is also being proposed in Tennessee...

Quote:"Tennessee considers bill to protect drivers who run over protesters"

Quote:NASHVILLE, TN (WCMH) – If a newly introduced bill passes in Tennessee, someone who runs over a protester who is blocking the street can’t be sued for injuries.
The bill would provide civil immunity if the driver was exercising ‘due care.’
House Bill 668, introduced by Republican Rep. Matthew Hill, says the following:
Quote:(a) A person driving an automobile who is exercising due care and injures another person who is participating in a protest or demonstration and is blocking traffic in a public right-of-way is immune from civil liability for such injury.
(b) A person shall not be immune from civil liability if the actions leading to the injury were willful or wanton.
The bill does not define ‘due care.’
The legislation was introduced Wednesday and has not been voted on.

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story/3447...protesters
It's bound to happen. Sooner or later, some stupid ass rioter is going to get ran over.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Rioters Beware! Keep Your Protests Peacful
You realize that 'protestor' and 'rioter' mean different things, right? I've taken part in both and they are really, truly, amazingly different. For example, very few people drive through a riot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I heard about the 250 dump trucks too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What if they are baby protesters?

Covered in sauce?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Almost nothing makes me feel morally and ethically superior than watching a "Christian" gleefully revel in the idea of someone getting injured or killed just because they don't agree with their methodology.

Thanks for providing the lighthouse, A Theist.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 11, 2017 at 8:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You realize that 'protestor' and 'rioter' mean different things, right?  I've taken part in both and they are really, truly, amazingly different.  For example, very few people drive through a riot.

Boru

Yup. I know the difference.

(February 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Almost nothing makes me feel morally and ethically superior than watching a "Christian" gleefully revel in the idea of someone getting injured or killed just because they don't agree with their methodology.

Thanks for providing the lighthouse, A Theist.

Where did I say anything like that? And who agrees with rioters destroying property and committing acts of violence? No. I don't agree with their methodology, and no, I don't agree with drivers running people over, either. You're just a morally and ethically superior pompous ass.

You're welcome. Anytime.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(February 11, 2017 at 9:17 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(February 11, 2017 at 8:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You realize that 'protestor' and 'rioter' mean different things, right?  I've taken part in both and they are really, truly, amazingly different.  For example, very few people drive through a riot.

Boru

Yup. I know the difference.

Then why did you conflate the two?  The bill is regarding protesters. You said, ' Sooner or later, some stupid ass rioter is going to get ran over.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Conservatives: As long as it isn't a fetus, we don't care if it dies.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Quote:You realize that 'protestor' and 'rioter' mean different things, right?

Not to a fucktard like Adolf, they aren't.  Unless they are his nazi buddies and then he thinks they are patriots.
Don't they realize it can go both ways? Protesters won't always be from the same side
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They keep saying the quiet parts out loud LadyForCamus 4 612 May 26, 2022 at 12:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How to keep Republicans away from the polls Foxaèr 3 561 October 26, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  In regards to the anthem protests and the NFL's new policy GODZILLA 21 1854 May 31, 2018 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2837 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1170 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why keep a vice president around, who was appointed by someone worthy of impeachment? Chad32 26 3654 December 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Your thoughts on the protests Aroura 221 23268 November 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Keep Dying Out Jesus Freaks Minimalist 10 1705 November 24, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Keep Wondering Minimalist 39 6792 September 24, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade. Brakeman 6 1729 May 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Brakeman