Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Stewart Mocks Olbermann
John Stewart Mocks Olbermann
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/3...2335025138

I was pissing myself laughing when I saw this. As someone who loves both Stewart and Olbermann, this was just priceless!
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: John Stewart Mocks Olbermann
Is it just me or are the two best (non comical) News personalities in the states both on MSNBC? That being Olbermann and Maddow.

What is MSNBC like in general?
MSNBC is more the liberal and democratic tainted news, and therefore just as bias as Fox is. As it happens more people here agree with the liberals and democrats, so we tend to think of their news as "better".
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Fairly biased i get, but Just as biased AS FOX? That's quite a claim...

Me thinks i'll stick to the Beeb and Al jazeera for my primary news sources.
(January 25, 2010 at 11:01 am)theVOID Wrote: Fairly biased i get, but Just as biased AS FOX? That's quite a claim...

Perhaps not as biased, but biased none the less. It's hard to give a grade on bias.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 25, 2010 at 11:14 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(January 25, 2010 at 11:01 am)theVOID Wrote: Fairly biased i get, but Just as biased AS FOX? That's quite a claim...

Perhaps not as biased, but biased none the less. It's hard to give a grade on bias.

What's your opinion on the Beeb?
Not sure how much truth there is in it, but one of my friends read a study once (or at least claims he did) that found Fox News had more "balance" between conservative and liberal guests than the overly liberal media of CNN and MSNBC (who favoured liberal guests far more than conservative ones).

I haven't found the study, but I think it might hold some truth. Fox News tends to invite liberals on so that they can laugh and make fun of them whilst under the guise of "having an interview". Just look at O'Reilly. He has mostly liberal guests on his show, since he loves to shout and harass them.

Of course, none of this "balance" affects the fact that Fox News also participates in censoring their liberal guests by cutting them off.
(January 25, 2010 at 11:18 am)theVOID Wrote:

Which one? World? America? UK 1 2 3 4?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
As a loyal watcher of Olbermann and Maddow I can say, yes they have a liberal bias but they put that on the table. They don't try to hide their bias and unlike Fox, they don't try to pretend that their bias is the opinion of everyone else in the world. They are very decent about being factual, Maddow is painstakingly so. If someone asks for a correction, they do it or they explain why a correction is not needed. Keith Olbermann can get hyperbolic but he admits he's hyperbolic and mocks himself for it sometimes. Maddow is extremely professional and does an excellent job of interviewing people she disagrees and is fair about it. She's also a geek so will feature science stuff.

So while I agree, there is a bias there, they don't try to pretend there's not and they do a decent job of fact checking. I watch them and CNN, which seems to even the playing field for me. CNN is more conservative without being overly biased like Fox so I feel I get two sides of the coin.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/3...2335024863
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(January 25, 2010 at 11:20 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(January 25, 2010 at 11:18 am)theVOID Wrote:

Which one? World? America? UK 1 2 3 4?

Well lets start with BBC World, since that is the only broadcast one I am familiar with.

Do the various BBC networks not adhere to the same standards regarding impartiality?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Oliver Blasts China Minimalist 0 323 June 21, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Cena Prank Call Jehanne 4 321 June 14, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  John Oliver takes on for-profit dialysis units Aegon 7 1315 May 16, 2017 at 7:19 am
Last Post: brewer
  John Oliver Returns....New Zealand Dildo in Hand Minimalist 0 529 February 15, 2016 at 12:00 pm
  John Oliver vs mega-churchs. Shinagami 3 1072 August 25, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  John Oliver Works Over Australia Minimalist 0 734 May 18, 2015 at 6:12 pm
  Jon Stewart on The British Election Minimalist 12 1669 May 13, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Exian
  The Republicunts Never Want To Negotiate.....Jon Stewart Shows What They Do Want. Minimalist 4 1105 April 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm
  Jon Stewart Skewers Weather/News Shows Minimalist 4 1338 January 28, 2015 at 4:35 pm
  Jon Stewart Gives It To Florida... Minimalist 1 725 January 14, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: LostLocke