Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New laptop
New laptop
Buying a new laptop, any good recommendations?
I'm not using it for anything fancy just web browsing and chatrooms.

BUT even though I'm not doing anything fancy I do want a fast laptop, my last laptop was slower than a dead dog in a ditch.

I think it was the processor in the last one which made it slow so I'd like one faster and probably with better anti virus software since I'm sure it was viruses that made the last one slow down too.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: New laptop
(September 22, 2014 at 7:57 am)paulpablo Wrote: Buying a new laptop, any good recommendations?
I'm not using it for anything fancy just web browsing and chatrooms.

BUT even though I'm not doing anything fancy I do want a fast laptop, my last laptop was slower than a dead dog in a ditch.

I think it was the processor in the last one which made it slow so I'd like one faster and probably with better anti virus software since I'm sure it was viruses that made the last one slow down too.

I got my new laptop and it works fine, thanks for the help DICKHEADS!

I always give you people such good advice and get nothing in return.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Didn't see the thread, sorry man!

Anyways, my advice is always the same. Dump Windows and download Ubuntu!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I have Ubuntu, and with each new version it's becoming a resource hog just like windows.

However, my computer is over 5 years old and still runs faster than a 3 year old windows laptop.
(September 30, 2014 at 11:47 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Didn't see the thread, sorry man!

Anyways, my advice is always the same. Dump Windows and download Ubuntu!

I was just joking and lying anyway because I don't give anyone good advice, but thanks for yours though because windows has been pissing me off recently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Acer Aspire 5 a good laptop, and will it last long? JustinBlack 4 440 July 17, 2021 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  New laptop tips John V 21 1892 July 24, 2018 at 7:36 am
Last Post: John V
  I bought a new laptop and... Edwardo Piet 13 1916 September 18, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Laptop charging but at 0% Edwardo Piet 21 3928 May 12, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What laptop brands are best? TaraJo 80 34164 June 13, 2013 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: kraljica
Question Nuevo Laptop naimless 3 2655 October 27, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I has 51 inch laptop monitor. Oldandeasilyconfused 18 10830 July 4, 2012 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Jackalope