Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SemiRant - Annoying Emails
SemiRant - Annoying Emails
So, occasionally, I get annoying religious emails from grandma, and I feel like semiranting to you. But I am not a ranter...

What kind of argument goes against that?
hmm, take the amount of 'untimely' deaths after we ridicule a god of somesort, then divide it by the total number of atheists...
then take the amount of 'untimely deaths' for everyone else and get the percentage for them also and comare both results... wouldn't they be nearly the same?

I hate cherry picking.

My grandma saw my status on Yahoo! the other day, and it read "Religious follwers are persitant, annoying, and illogical... ;\' then she gets all mad and starts telling my gf that she (gma) herself wouldn't be able to stay in a relationship with someone of a different fairytale book (religion), and says that I am too smart to let 'God' go... I should not be ashamed of her god and all that usual junk.

Whatchall think...? My status was then "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof" and it is currently "I don't need fairytales."

Also, my mom recently found out about my awesome mental achievement of becoming an atheist, just not in a positive way... ;\\ Love and live life.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
RE: SemiRant - Annoying Emails
I don't know how you read it it's such utter shite.
Funny how it leaves out all the good christians who died as well.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Translation from kookSpeak to English:
Code:
Believe in what I believe in or BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!!!111eleventy!
(January 27, 2010 at 9:51 pm)Synackaon Wrote: Translation from kookSpeak to English:
Code:
Believe in what I believe in or BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!!!111eleventy!

The underlying measage reads:

Quote:"I am so insecure and frightened and I want to feel better about my self that I will boost my pathetic ego by spaming the world with my belief system that deperately NEEDS more numbers because that way we all get to hide and don't have to face this god we go on about cos our god can't reach us until a certain day in a certain building when we are doing a certain ritual and only THEN if we get that ritual right; so in the interim we will bleat like the stoopid sheep that we are about how YOU are making our deity angry by NOT conforming to our petty little fairy stories and bowing down to us cos we NEVER left the school yard bully metality and we still want to kick arse but we are afraid to...unless we are in a big group cos there is always safety in numbers and that validates our position and make us feel better cos YOU ARE WRONG and WE ARE RIGHT...(so gnerrr) "

I am currently getting 'Rant 101' lectures from my daughter....she is very goodDevil

Funny how since we have taken on Poiltics, Religion is having an identity crisis.

Meh
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: Funny how it leaves out all the good christians who died as well.

And it leaves out the atheists who lived long, happy lives, like Bertrand Russell, who became an atheist at 18 and lived for another 80 years, pipe smoking, extramarital affairs and all. Of course, a long life isn't everything.
And really, killing people for speaking out against you... doesn't the Mafia do the same thing? Oh yeah, that's right, it's God, whose name is Jealous (seriously, read Exodus 34:14), and everything he does is by definition good because he's God.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Is this any different from the usual Everyone's Gonna Die Ghost of a Dead Badby chain letter everyone used to get? Proving that Bill Clinton killing Martin Luther King etc
I get this sort of shite from my mother in law, and it doesnt seem to matter how any times I tell her not to.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Im making filters that will put this crap in another folder, called "god Crap"

lol... On Yahoo!, I'm not sure how to filter multiple words, so im making many filters for varioius christican subjects...

Quote:Funny how it leaves out all the good christians who died as well.

ugh, cherry picking...

are there any atheist chain letters? lol Include me and I'll send to many... let's be just as annoying, and logical at the same time!
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Quote:(1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tell grandma it was 14 years later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which atheists do you find the most annoying? Whateverist 126 18649 November 18, 2015 at 9:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12774 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  An Extremely ( Annoying ) Truth HUMAN CREATURE 15 5169 October 24, 2013 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Zazzy
  Dawkins and annoying priest Manowar 10 4040 April 20, 2013 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Annoying Atheist Arguments genkaus 73 30911 February 3, 2013 at 8:38 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Annoying conversation.. "But you're such a good person!" torashl 38 15860 June 29, 2012 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creepy Christian Emails theblindferrengi 2 1395 November 3, 2009 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused