Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying conversation.. "But you're such a good person!"
Annoying conversation.. "But you're such a good person!"
So I was eating lunch with people yesterday, and one of them wanted to see my future by reading my palm. I thought it was cool so I let him, and he asked me if I was religious or believed in any god and I said no. Later that day, my friend that was also there started to ask me about it. She said something like, "I noticed he was reading your palm and you said you didn't believe in god. Why?" I said, "Because I don't.." Then she started going all "he gave you life, you breathe because of him, etc.." Then I told her I didn't believe in that and then she said, "Why did you deny him? You know, the bible says that that if you deny the lord in front of your friends, you will be denied to his face." Then I said, "Well, I don't believe that either.." She told me that she was shocked because I was such a nice person but didn't believe in god. I pointed out to her that you can be a good person and still not believe in god or be religious and it was just annoying.. I can't stand when people do that!
RE: Annoying conversation.. "But you're such a good person!"
What a bitch.
(June 15, 2012 at 1:03 pm)torashl Wrote: She told me that she was shocked because I was such a nice person but didn't believe in god. I pointed out to her that you can be a good person and still not believe in god or be religious and it was just annoying.. I can't stand when people do that!

Say "well you can't be considered a 'nice person' either if you have to judge and dislike someone for simply lacking your beliefs.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Pathetic lack of brain. Is she cute at least?
Trying to update my sig ...
Brainwashing is a sad thing
This is stupid
You might have asked her why...if she is such a big believer, she is still such a stupid twat? That should shut her up for the long term but idiots like that are no loss.
Look at you, challenging her preconceived notions of how a good person might come to be. Hell, you might be able to turn that into some solid sexual.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My usual responce is " and not all religous people are nice..so whats your point?"
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
I think the best response is to tell her to grow up. If she can't be nice to you because you don't have an imaginary friend, tell her to leave and don't come back.

Be frank, if she wishes to remain friends with you, she can't show hatred or intolerance simply because you aren't religious.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
If she gives a mean blowjob, I'm sure her transgression can be forgiven.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1547 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 996 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  A conversation with a friend. Alternatehistory95 8 1586 January 21, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Atheist Conversation ShirkahnW 4 961 March 11, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7048 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher Roeki 30 8793 July 6, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2566 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  How not to start a conversation with a skeptic...I think Astonished 43 8715 February 1, 2017 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  An Intersting conversation I had with a Creationist friend of mine. TanithDaUnicorn 39 5876 February 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5011 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist