Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you are religious explain Neanderthals
If you are religious explain Neanderthals
The Neaderthal is thought to have existed some 30,000 to 200,000 years ago and to be our closest relatives. What was God's divine plan and purpose for this species? Did god judge them and on what basis? Will you be co-habitating in heaven with Homo Erectus who existed some 500,000 years ago or how about Homohabilis from over a million years ago? Which group would most define Adam and Eve? If they were the first Homesapians, then how do you explain all these other primitive species? With all due respect, please provide me with your most logical explanation as a theist?
RE: If you are religious explain Neanderthals
I'm going to be Catholic and I am not a Creationist (As the Popes haven't been since the 1950s) Saying so, I understand you wish to argue the Genesis extract, and being an evolutionary Creationist, I will answer pertaining to the Bible

God created Man in his image. There were first Aquatic Microorganisms, then fish, then amphibians, reptiles, land animals, then man, it all took 700 million years from the first Marine Speck. The Jewish word for day "YOM" means age. So no . . . It didn't all happen in 6 days.

Man was the last to be created. There were animals before man and of both genders. Since Neanderthals shouldn't technically be called "Men" I don't think it conflicts that God created man. Eve coming out of a rib is just a story, to show that the last species to evolve has arrived. "The coming of Man" if you will. There must have been hundreds if not thousands of Homo sapiens born after that to other Parents as well. Adam and Eve just symbolized that the age of man had arrived. Subsequently, the rest is all about how man took unfair advantage of their developed brains to dominate the Earth. Survival of the fittest

To your questions
1) What is the purpose of Neanderthals?
-Why does there have to be a purpose? Neanderthals went extinct (or created a hybrid) when they came in contact with Man. That is tragic, but man eventually dominated the Earth and began to wage war, steal, do evil things etc. Maybe their purpose was to create a balance in the food chain? Just a speculation.

2)Did God judge them?
- Did they know right from wrong? Were their brains as developed as our ancestors? They developed tools, buried their dead, so they were smart. But seriously who has time to think about right or wrong when you are chasing an animal so you could MAYBE get a bite to eat?

3) Will they be in heaven?
- How the hell am I supposed to know?

4) Which group would define Adam and Eve
- Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Read my paragraph above. Adam and Eve symbolize the coming of the Human race which we are familiar with.

5) How do you explain the Primitive Species
- God created man in his image. I don't know about you, but I'm not calling a Neanderthal, or homo erectus, or habilis, or autralopethicus MEN.

These are my views. Why? Because I had and still had a love of Science before and after I came to the FaithSmile
(October 6, 2014 at 2:27 am)Retrolord Wrote: Man was the last to be created. There were animals before man and of both genders. Since Neanderthals shouldn't technically be called "Men" I don't think it conflicts that God created man. Eve coming out of a rib is just a story, to show that the last species to evolve has arrived. "The coming of Man" if you will. There must have been hundreds if not thousands of Homo sapiens born after that to other Parents as well. Adam and Eve just symbolized that the age of man had arrived. Subsequently, the rest is all about how man took unfair advantage of their developed brains to dominate the Earth. Survival of the fittest

The last species to evolve? You know there are other species to have evolved since human beings, right? Humans are in no way the last species to have evolved.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
We also aren't done evolving. We aren't the last in that sense either. Unless, of course we just die out. In that case, boy, will my face be red.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 6, 2014 at 4:41 am)Exian Wrote: We also aren't done evolving. We aren't the last in that sense either. Unless, of course we just die out. In that case, boy, will my face be red.

Only so long as you still bleed. If I were you, I'd fix that little issue before the time comes. Join the PC master race, human.

The "Neanderthals", as you call them, have already made the pledge... those who didn't died out. Those of your kind who don't, will. Join us... or be removed.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah because all 'religious' people are creationists Rolleyes
(October 6, 2014 at 6:40 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yeah because all 'religious' people are creationists Rolleyes

Right right!? Big Grin Some of us are extinctionists. Neanderthals aren't as bendy... they're not nearly as much fun to play with. That's why they're dead, really: they were just too darn uptight.

You'll be noticing this same thing happening to conservatives and republicans everywhere. God save the queen, as not even twitter and youtube have proven themselves able to keep the old crone in public eye. But don't worry, she'll die soon enough, then she'll be bye bye. Yup yup, she'll be by the bye bye Tiger

Fundies aren't gonna be dying out, by the same logic. I mean... fun is literally in their name! Big Grin This party is never gonna end, man! ^__^
(October 6, 2014 at 6:37 am)Alice Wrote: Only so long as you still bleed. If I were you, I'd fix that little issue before the time comes. Join the PC master race, human.

Oh Alice, please, I urge you to be "less wrong". uh thank you, thank you.

I'll see myself out.
(October 6, 2014 at 6:57 am)Exian Wrote: Oh Alice, please, I urge you to be "less wrong". uh thank you, thank you.

I'll see myself out.

Well, I can't be any less wrong than right, and as I'm right I'm so far from wrong that it's out of sight. Oh sure... leave, go on... run away from this fight. That's all your kind has ever been good for. That, and when stuffed: you make for snazzy hatstands.

"Second verse? Same as the first... now put me on plane so I can put them in a hearse!"
(October 6, 2014 at 2:27 am)Retrolord Wrote: I'm going to be Catholic and I am not a Creationist (As the Popes haven't been since the 1950s) Saying so, I understand you wish to argue the Genesis extract, and being an evolutionary Creationist, I will answer pertaining to the Bible

God created Man in his image. There were first Aquatic Microorganisms, then fish, then amphibians, reptiles, land animals, then man, it all took 700 million years from the first Marine Speck. The Jewish word for day "YOM" means age. So no . . . It didn't all happen in 6 days.

No, more like 3.5 billion years. How long is an 'age'?

Quote:Man was the last to be created.

Stop the stupid bus right there, get off, and read a book.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2933 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9450 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9814 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5864 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1. Science 110 20492 November 23, 2014 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Nope
  To explain knowledge of God Godscreated 290 35836 October 25, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christians: Please explain the Exodus Aractus 274 21216 October 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  CHISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN truthBtold 273 48388 February 5, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  CHRISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN "tower of babel" truthBtold 40 10498 January 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  CHISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN "the walking dead" truthBtold 20 5724 January 13, 2014 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Bad Wolf