Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1.
Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1.
Good day,

I am new to these forums, therefore I have a hefty amount of things rolling around in my mind that need discussion .. allow me to start with this.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Right, so the first 10 words into the bible .. and there is thousands of questions unanswered already.

Who is god ? .. How did he create the heavens and the earth ? Who created god ? ..

I would really like to hear some words from someone who believes in genesis. I have no idea how anyone could possibly find this a feasible beginning to the beauty of life.
RE: Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1.
Popcorn
And Genesis doesn't even mention the turtles . . .
When you can satisfy yourself with understanding the entire book is fictional, despite the delusion of theists who claim otherwise, you can ask the only question that truly matters in any theological debate.

If your god can be proven to exist, where is the evidence?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 4, 2014 at 2:18 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: And Genesis doesn't even mention the turtles . . .

I'm telling you, man - they go all the way down.
But maybe,

just maybe,

there are only 42 turtles ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
I completely understand it's fiction, obviously ..

I fail to believe how an individual can believe in it, that was the point in this thread, I want someone to explain to me why they believe in it.
(November 4, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Science Wrote: Who is god ? .. How did he create the heavens and the earth ? Who created god ? ..

How can someone believe something that isn't precisely defined? WTF is that thing they call a god? Their only defense is faith. Because god hides. Except when you really want to believe it.
(November 4, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Science Wrote: Who created god ?
Where did first virtual particles come from?
(November 4, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Science Wrote: Good day,

I am new to these forums, therefore I have a hefty amount of things rolling around in my mind that need discussion .. allow me to start with this.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Right, so the first 10 words into the bible .. and there is thousands of questions unanswered already.

Who is god ? .. How did he create the heavens and the earth ? Who created god ? ..

I would really like to hear some words from someone who believes in genesis. I have no idea how anyone could possibly find this a feasible beginning to the beauty of life.

No theist I have ever encountered has been able to define precisely what "god" is.

They will make up all sorts of catch phrases and words like "eternal" and "infinite'. Many will state categorically that something can't come from nothing . . . apart from their god.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9449 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 20711 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4620 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2338 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 68396 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 17143 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2933 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3725 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4234 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9457 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0