Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child dies in hot car while parent is in choir practice
Child dies in hot car while parent is in choir practice
A truly horrifying story about a three year old boy who died in a hot car in Arizona while the mother finished her choir practice. I feel terrible for the people involved, but is anyone in the congregation going to question how this was part of god's plan? I can't imagine what next Sunday's church service is going to look like.

http://www.weather.com/news/update/arizo...e-20141006
RE: Child dies in hot car while parent is in choir practice
What is the purpose of this thread?
(October 7, 2014 at 4:43 pm)ShaMan Wrote: What is the purpose of this thread?

I would assume to bring awareness to the fact that a child died in a hot car while his guardian was at choir practice?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Aw, you spoiled the ending now! I wanted to work it out myself from the clues in the title!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Why didn't 'jesus' roll down the window? After all, they were inside singing to him. Surely all that racket must have woken him up?
(October 7, 2014 at 4:44 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 7, 2014 at 4:43 pm)ShaMan Wrote: What is the purpose of this thread?

I would assume to bring awareness to the fact that a child died in a hot car while his guardian was at choir practice?
Perhaps at first glance.
OK...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Sometimes I hear stories about children and pets suffocating in hot cars. You'd think it would be obvious to people that it can get really hot in a closed space out in the sun. Have you not gone to work for hours with your vehicle in the sun with the windows open, and stepped in to feel this oppressive heat within? I remember one really hot summer day doing this, and I had to jump back out of the car.

This should be basic stuff that shouldn't happen, yet there are still stories like this. And in Arizona? One of the hottest states in the country? There is no excuse.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: OK...
I can't believe you're in Tahoe. That's only a 5 hour drive from my place Big Grin

(October 7, 2014 at 4:50 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There is no excuse.
Agreed.
(October 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm)ShaMan Wrote: Perhaps at first glance.

Perhaps. What do you conclude from a second glance?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 360 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6178 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 432 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Netflix and "Cuties" = child pron? Foxaèr 37 4319 November 30, 2020 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  First person cured of HIV dies of cancer Foxaèr 1 457 October 1, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mythbusters Grant Imahara dies. Brian37 17 834 July 14, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Mad Mike Hughes dies The Valkyrie 41 2351 February 29, 2020 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Rut Ro Raggy, Bibi in hot water...... Brian37 1 633 September 8, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pitbulls maul Detroit child to death. onlinebiker 39 3955 August 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Art Neville Dies chimp3 5 533 July 22, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Fireball