Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No pay from the religious
No pay from the religious
On Tuesday morning I had a Realtor come in for a business portrait. He filled out my little form and told me that his company is paying for it. I told him to write down an email to send the invoice to and he did. As I took his photo he started to chat with me about what the lord had put him on this earth for and how the lord helps people threw him. Of course I acted interested in his stories of how the lord did this and the lord did that for him. After we were done he asked me how long it would take to get the photo. I told him as soon as I get paid. He told me that his boss is ready to pay now. As soon as he left I sent out the paypal invoice to the email he gave me. That was Tuesday. This is Thursday and still no payment. I can't help thinking that if that guy was an atheist I would have got my money on Tuesday.
binnyCoffee
RE: No pay from the religious
To be fair, there are deadbeat atheists just as much as deadbeat theists. We do don't have a moral high ground over theists, and never be fooled into thinking that we do.

Still it sucks you didn't get paid. Are you suffering much of a loss on these kind of jobs?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Success. I finally got paid after the second reminder. And I do realize there are dead beat atheists. It's just aggravating because he made it a point to tell me how much god is wonderful and how he is so helpful because god works threw him. Normally for business portraits I've always got paid that day. No other person has stiffed me, and no one else ever talked to me about god.
binnyCoffee
He probably was bucking for a freebie or discount.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Yeah it's common to use as a sympaty discount or outright scam. Most Christians get enough talking in their bible studies and church. They're usually afraid to question their own view and keep them to themselves, rarely volunteering extranious long examples. Most are usually content with a God bless. It's a sure sign of an atheist trying to drum up sypmathy or just a long winded theist. WinkUnless you're related or outwardly appear to refute God then it's just usually an assumption you are so no need for examples, unless they're extremely evangelical.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 17692 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  So I called my electric co to pay my bill and..... Brian37 9 1705 July 19, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  How much would you pay for a Harambe Cheeto? SteelCurtain 42 4946 February 10, 2017 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The U.S. Virgin Islands Will Pay You US$300 If You Holiday There In 2017 ReptilianPeon 0 563 January 28, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  You get what you pay for...? AceBoogie 28 2887 November 25, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question Do you think someone would pay you for sex? Losty 184 14625 May 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  To everyone: do you pay to visit the beach in your country? rado84 53 9640 July 22, 2015 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How much do you smoke and pay for Marihuana? Meylis Delano Lawrence 16 4796 March 17, 2013 at 9:55 am
Last Post: festive1