Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten Horror Movies
Top Ten Horror Movies
Since Halloween is coming up I thought I posted thread to see what everybody's top 10 horror movies are!

1. A Tale of Two Sisters

2. The Others

3. Ringu

4. Shutter Island

5. Red

6. The Crazies

7. Underworld

8. Splice

9. Leprechaun in the Hood

10. Saw
RE: Top Ten Horror Movies
There have only been two movies that got me to be scared:
-nightmare on elm street (watched it when I was 8)
-aliens (watched it when I was 12)

After that, at most, the other movies manage to get a few jumps out of quick unexpected things... the cheap scare...
1) It. By Stephen King. Even though I think the end is crap and the acting can be quite bad, it scared me the more than any other film as a child. The concept that a monster can turn into your dead relatives and squelch towards you, or turn into whatever you fear the most is amazing. Plus the environment it lives in, down the tunnels in the sewers. I read the book and got obsessed by the story, but like I said the ending is so bad that I pretty much ignored what stephen king wrote and came up with my own ending in my head.

2) Nightmare on Elm street. I love freddy as a character and I saw it at a movie theater/cinema last year and it made me realize how much I miss the days of seeing teenagers getting slashed up dripping with blood on the huge screen, as opposed to the new horror films out which seem to offer a less direct threat of violence.

3) The shining Good concept. Also good acting, good ending, and doesn't look outdated now after all these years. Nearly every scene in the movie is a classic scene which has been parodied so much. Loved the book aswell.

4) The texas Chainsaw massacre. Not the most complicated plot ever, but I liked the idea of this mysterious family out in texas in the middle of nowhere. And I like it so much I suppose because it's just a classic in my mind.

5) Saw. Love everything about it.

6)Pet semetary. Pretty scary, but the scariness is sometimes ruined by the 80s style corniness. Good ending too. Loved the book.

7)Shutter Island Loved the story, the plot twists, amazingly good acting.

8) Paranormal activities. Good idea, scary, good ending.

9) The mist Not that scary, corny acting which can be common in Stephen King films. But some really good scenes, a lot of suspense and just an interesting film overall.

10) The orphan.

Honorable mention Insidious

I chose the last two at random really out of some new horror films I've seen.

Also I just want to add that when I say that I don't like the ending of a film it's usually because it's just too much of an obvious ending, The surviving people being exactly who I thought would survive.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

My personal notion of what constitutes horror films is somewhat elastic. That in mind (and in no particular order):

1. The Exorcist

2. Nosferatu (the original)

3. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

4. Schindler's List

5. The Shining

6. Cockney's vs Zombies

7. M (the Fritz Lang one)

8. The Wicker Man

9. Zombieland

10. Silence of The Lambs

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The Birds
Psycho
Dawn of the Dead (the original one with them in the shopping mall)
Night of the Living Dead
The Fly (Cronenberg version)
The Omen
Carrie
You have to remember the classics like Halloween, Friday the 13th which was inspired by Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Dawn of the Dead, The Shining, and probably a few others. Probably at least a good classic monster movie with Dracula and such.

I'm pretty sure there are enough good horror movies to watch one every night of October if you wanted.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I don't generally rate horror movies but the scream films kept me guessing and didn't rely on supernatural elements. Other than that I liked the evil dead 2 when I was young.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The Exorcist scared the ever long shit out of me when I saw it (I was like 13).

I love the Scream movies for their humor and self-reflection on the genre.

Saw was cool when I fist saw it.

The Ring was super creepy with the little girl and the well...

Paranormal Activity was scary.

Bt the scariest horror movies of all time:

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Wow, no "Signs" by M. Night Shyamalan, nobody sees it as a horror movie ? Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Shutter Island? My wife is the horror movie buff and she hated that movie. It pissed her off so bad she wanted to storm out of the movie theater.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Break up movies TaraJo 4 529 January 25, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Top 100 viral youtube vids ignoramus 0 280 April 16, 2018 at 5:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Reader's Digest movies. Gawdzilla Sama 2 557 November 15, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Amazing movies that are terrible biographies Shell B 59 16027 September 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Top 20 American Mechs Mechaghostman2 0 468 May 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  American Horror Story S06 Foxaèr 20 1836 October 8, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My Top 10 Superhero Movies Mechaghostman2 10 2047 October 8, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Big Brother Over The Top c172 3 879 October 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: c172
  My Top 10 Educational Shows Mechaghostman2 6 1249 July 9, 2016 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1267 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm