Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
You were pushed out of someone's fucking vagina against your will. You were socialized against your will. You were sent to school against your will. You are expected to survive on this planet against you will. I am a fucking volunteer in this life. People shouldn't tell me to shut the fuck up and deal with it when I express that I have a problem with my life. I don't even know what kind of response just saying that would get me. It's usually people saying that I am just being a whiny piece of shit. They might even say to think about how privileged I am. What a condescending and snide thing to think. If you really think you're better than me because you've mastered success in your life, good for you. Leave me alone.

What offends me so much is instead of trying to help me fix the problems in my life people just act like they have no fucking empathy for how I feel. My own parents just say shit like "well everyone goes through these kinds of days". IS LIFE REALLY SO FUCKING SHITTY THAT EVERYONE FEELS LIKE LIFE IS ABSOLUTE SHIT EVERY DAY!? IS THAT REALLY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS? I have fucking had it with this bullshit. I don't know if I am going to drop out of college. I am falling behind on all my assignments and I left class early because I was being antagonized by kids in the class. The college fucking classroom that I fucking payed for that people were giving me a hard time in. I'm so fucking lonely. I want my own place to live, on a campus, in a relaxed environment around other people so I can finally connect with people outside the internet.

But no! My parents are too fucking poor to do anything about it. Whenever I say something about how I feel they just say "yeah that must be frustrating". YEAH WHAT'S FRUSTRATING IS YOU WANT ME TO PULL MYSELF UP BY MY FUCKING BOOT STRAPS AND DO ALL THIS FUCKING INSANE SHIT TO GET THROUGH THIS YEAR! FUCK YOU!!!!!
RE: How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
(October 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: You were pushed out of someone's fucking vagina against your will. You were socialized against your will. You were sent to school against your will. You are expected to survive on this planet against you will. I am a fucking volunteer in this life. People shouldn't tell me to shut the fuck up and deal with it when I express that I have a problem with my life. I don't even know what kind of response just saying that would get me. It's usually people saying that I am just being a whiny piece of shit. They might even say to think about how privileged I am. What a condescending and snide thing to think. If you really think you're better than me because you've mastered success in your life, good for you. Leave me alone.

What offends me so much is instead of trying to help me fix the problems in my life people just act like they have no fucking empathy for how I feel. My own parents just say shit like "well everyone goes through these kinds of days". IS LIFE REALLY SO FUCKING SHITTY THAT EVERYONE FEELS LIKE LIFE IS ABSOLUTE SHIT EVERY DAY!? IS THAT REALLY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS? I have fucking had it with this bullshit. I don't know if I am going to drop out of college. I am falling behind on all my assignments and I left class early because I was being antagonized by kids in the class. The college fucking classroom that I fucking payed for that people were giving me a hard time in. I'm so fucking lonely. I want my own place to live, on a campus, in a relaxed environment around other people so I can finally connect with people outside the internet.

But no! My parents are too fucking poor to do anything about it. Whenever I say something about how I feel they just say "yeah that must be frustrating". YEAH WHAT'S FRUSTRATING IS YOU WANT ME TO PULL MYSELF UP BY MY FUCKING BOOT STRAPS AND DO ALL THIS FUCKING INSANE SHIT TO GET THROUGH THIS YEAR! FUCK YOU!!!!!

You need to get medical help.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:41 pm)Chas Wrote: You need to get medical help.

lol. It's you again. The "you are a rotten little brat" guy. I hope you can get over your disdain for other people on the internet some day.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:42 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: I hope you can get over your disdain for other people on the internet some day.

You first.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 26, 2014 at 4:42 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: I hope you can get over your disdain for other people on the internet some day.

You first.

I'm just fine. I haven't said anything in this thread directed at anyone in particular on this website like that guy did. Please be more careful about what you say.
I've felt this way before.

College, heck, life is too hard to take as a whole, you have to break it up in your mind into tiny pieces, and conquer them rhythmically with a pace.

A funny thing happens in life, we love that which we are good at and we're good at that which we love. We're happy when we think of ourselves as worthy.

I would concentrate on storing knowledge away as fast as I could and find something, anything, that you are really good at. Get even better at it by practicing and show it off. It helps build a healthy ego. Then you will be emotionally strong enough to swallow the other 80% of life that is never fun for anyone.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(October 26, 2014 at 4:47 pm)Brakeman Wrote: I've felt this way before.

College, heck, life is too hard to take as a whole, you have to break it up in your mind into tiny pieces, and conquer them rhythmically with a pace.

A funny thing happens in life, we love that which we are good at and we're good at that which we love. We're happy when we think of ourselves as worthy.

I would concentrate on storing knowledge away as fast as I could and find something, anything, that you are really good at. Get even better at it by practicing and show it off. It helps build a healthy ego. Then you will be emotionally strong enough to swallow the other 80% of life that is never fun for anyone.
Thank you. You are the first person that I can remember that has given a decent response to me on this website that I can recall. Every day I come here and post something to see if anyone actually has the decency to make a respectful response. It finally happened.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:52 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: Thank you. You are the first person that I can remember that has given a decent response to me on this website that I can recall. Every day I come here and post something to see if anyone actually has the decency to make a respectful response. It finally happened.

When have you ever done anything to earn any respect around here? You're not here for discussion, obviously, and it's extremely rude.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:57 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 26, 2014 at 4:52 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: Thank you. You are the first person that I can remember that has given a decent response to me on this website that I can recall. Every day I come here and post something to see if anyone actually has the decency to make a respectful response. It finally happened.

When have you ever done anything to earn any respect around here? You're not here for discussion, obviously, and it's extremely rude.

I don't even know what to say to this.
(October 26, 2014 at 4:44 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote:
(October 26, 2014 at 4:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You first.

I'm just fine. I haven't said anything in this thread directed at anyone in particular on this website like that guy did. Please be more careful about what you say.

No, you've just directed your disdain at, well, everyone.

As I said in another one of your ridiculous threads, your attitude towards others certainly contributes to your problems, and how they respond to you is a direct result of it.

That you have control over. Pity you choose to disregard it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "Take it or leave it" Approach Leonardo17 1 319 November 9, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Schrodinger's Cat. What say you? Brian37 39 2432 October 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is Moral Responsibility Compatible With Determinism? mcc1789 44 5386 June 11, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  My take on regret Mr.Obvious 20 2739 October 20, 2017 at 7:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do scientists say about existence? Mariosep 186 50508 July 20, 2017 at 10:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's Say I Achieve "Meaning." What Do I Do Next? InquiringMind 51 8024 September 25, 2016 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15388 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 6943 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Do Humans Have Compulsary Will? Which best describes your take on 'will'? Whateverist 100 11076 June 11, 2015 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Your personal take on “The Problem of Evil?” XK9_Knight 99 19549 September 8, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam