Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What values...
What values...
.. would you most like protecting?

-freedom to make money?

-freedom to live where you liked?

-freedom of speech?

-freedom to believe your own god?

-freedom of peace?
RE: What values...
Freedom of peace.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
Freedom of expression, in all forms.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'freedom of peace'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 2, 2014 at 5:10 pm)Ophelia Wrote: Freedom of peace.

They were mere suggestions.... by freedom of peace I meant the feeling that your life wasn't in danger from a nuke of a religious knife...

Feel free to explain your our valued values...
immortality of my unborn children(i'm an antinatalist)
(November 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm)lifesagift Wrote:

They were mere suggestions.... by freedom of peace I meant the feeling that your life wasn't in danger from a nuke of a religious knife...

Sorry replied to the wrong post..
(November 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm)lifesagift Wrote:

Ta for the explanation.

I chose 'freedom of expression', since that seems likely to offer maximal freedom in all areas of life (and yes, this includes religious freedom).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 2, 2014 at 5:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm)lifesagift Wrote: They were mere suggestions.... by freedom of peace I meant the feeling that your life wasn't in danger from a nuke of a religious knife...

Ta for the explanation.

I chose 'freedom of expression', since that seems likely to offer maximal freedom in all areas of life (and yes, this includes religious freedom).

Boru
Is that what you value the most?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your values? Catholic_Lady 92 6786 January 27, 2018 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Is there any "atheist values" like "Christian values"? ErGingerbreadMandude 37 2875 January 7, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anybody Have a Copy frichard Robinson's An Atheists Values can Borrow or Buy? Rhondazvous 1 549 June 18, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The impudent interference of the European's way of life and values rado84 27 4129 September 13, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  We played by your rules.. [was 'What JudeoChristian values have brought us'] Rokcet Scientist 19 3386 November 14, 2011 at 3:38 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko